FOX Acquisition Could mean Deadpool, Rio,Night at the Museum, Independence Day, Alien, Ice Age, Titanic, Planet of the apes in parks

FrankLapidus

Which is why reboots are done quite often.

Why would WDAS or Pixar waste their time and money rebooting Ice Age?

Is either studio that creatively bankrupt?

Ice Age had a good run and brought in money while being inadequate in quality to pretty much everything that those two studios have produced. Each is capable of producing much, much, much better films, they really don't need to concern themselves with rebooting rubbish that is being swallowed up as part of a corportate takeover.

Sir_Cliff

Here's a sample of some of Fox's more well-known properties...

It’s Always Sunny
Hmm, it wouldn't be too big a stretch to convert this...

into this...

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Seems at some times Disney can't figure out what to do with their own IP's much less those they've acquired. Frozen as an example. It was a rush to get it in the parks and it seems no planning or continuity went into it: "I know...there's Norway....let's re-theme the boat ride. And we can build a new little space for a meet and greet and sell some merchandise. While we're at there's that theater over at Hollywood Studios we probably can be doing something more with....I know let's show parts of the movie and have all the kids "sing along".

Now, I get that people are Frozen'ed to death right about now, but how Frozen has no real presence in the MK and the fact that there is no immersion nor continuity with what they have done with it.........doesn't really give me the warm and fuzzies about what they might do with any of the FOX IP's.

capsshield

Id love to see them take that catalog of musicals and create a new show featuring the best songs and put it in the Beauty and the beast theater. Maybe every other showing like they did with pixar's songs.

You also have to remember that once the deal is done the property is Disney property. Its not about quality it's about how much people love the IP.

I would love a crazy dark ride featuring 101 dalmations or a boat ride based on the Jungle Book but I am ok with any rides they build as long as they make good quality rides that are worth riding over and over again. Hated Avatar but Flight of Passage is really great.

GenerationX

Simpsons
SCTV
WKRP in Cincinnati

Three of the absolute best shows ever. SCTV, in particular, would fit in perfect at the Studios. Who wouldn't want to see the Count Floyd's 3-D House of Stewardesses 3-D movie? Or the backstage special effects extravaganza Farm Film Report and Celebrity Blow-up? Or a Great White North themed restaurant where all they serve is beer and back bacon?

jt04

Why would WDAS or Pixar waste their time and money rebooting Ice Age?

Is either studio that creatively bankrupt?

Ice Age had a good run and brought in money while being inadequate in quality to pretty much everything that those two studios have produced. Each is capable of producing much, much, much better films, they really don't need to concern themselves with rebooting rubbish that is being swallowed up as part of a corportate takeover.

Because it is a very cool concept. No pun intended. Let your imagination consider a land based in the ice age. Not every component would have to be based on animated characters. Some could be science based.

It at least could inspire a series on Disney+.

FrankLapidus

Because it is a very cool concept. No pun intended. Let your imagination consider a land based in the ice age. Not every component would have to be based on animated characters. Some could be science based.

It at least could inspire a series on Disney+.

Or they could stick with the dinosaur/prehistoric theme, which is a pretty timeless one, but just do it better than they have so far. Or they could go with South America. Or Australia.

They could even dust off a dead concept, but a great one, and give us Beastly Kingdom (they won't, obviously).

The ice age (as in the era, not the terrible film series) is a decent enough concept for DAK, there are just several other concepts that are better and/or potentially more interesting from a thematic standpoint.

Magenta Panther

The first Ice Age had its moments. The sequels bit. They sucked almost as hard as the Hotel Transylvania sequels. (I couldn't even finish the third. It was like every scene had to top its predecessor's attempt to channel the worst of Tex Avery. Besides, when you rob Dracula of ALL of his menace, you rob him of his worth).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom