FOX Acquisition Could mean Deadpool, Rio,Night at the Museum, Independence Day, Alien, Ice Age, Titanic, Planet of the apes in parks

Kman101

In all fairness, Titanic the musical is stunning (it helps that it has nothing to do with the film). But yes, best they don’t use that event in the theme park setting haha

Exactly. And I just meant at Disney. LOL. I'm aware it actually exists, which is why I mentioned it. I found it bizarre it exists but I'm glad to know the music is stunning and has nothing to do with the film. I never researched it that much. Doesn't it just sound funny to say "Titanic: The Musical" ... Disney ain't doing it :)

I just LOLd seeing Titanic on that list. Disney is in no way using that property. LOL

Kman101

Horrified moms shut it down??

I know you two are not talking about the Alien scene from Great Movie Ride..... are you?

I don't know who exactly got it "shut down" lol, but so many whined about how scary it was because they didn't bother to read the clear signs that warned them for subjecting their precious to it. Some also say it just wasn't that good.

And I'm referring to ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter at Magic Kingdom. It hit for me at the right time and I just loved it. I was horrified to see the Stitch version.

Kman101

Hmm, it wouldn't be too big a stretch to convert this...

View attachment 356095

into this...

View attachment 356096

I love that show. No apologies. Yes please? With bartenders that behave horribly, shout profanities and become involved in bizarre plans and schemes? I'm there. Disney, TAKE MY MONEY! :hilarious: But I do love that show.

Now all I'm going to picture when I see Baseline is Paddy's.

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
A bus driver on property said this can be the 5th Gate! lol 😜

Wait...I just came across this in a list of attractions from a legal filing re: the 20th Century Fox Resort. I would totally accept an Alien vs. Predator Dance Show in Epcot.

Cmdr_Crimson

I don't know who exactly got it "shut down" lol, but so many whined about how scary it was because they didn't bother to read the clear signs that warned them for subjecting their precious to it. Some also say it just wasn't that good.

And I'm referring to ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter at Magic Kingdom. It hit for me at the right time and I just loved it. I was horrified to see the Stitch version.
The teaser ad showed what looked like a Xenomorph before they had changed it to a generic looking alien creature...

Damon7777

And I'm referring to ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter at Magic Kingdom.

Well "Alien", is very different than "Alien Encounter", 2 totally different topics .......especially when I thought the topic originated around the prospects of movie tie ins and the Fox deal.

So what does Alien Encounter have to do with Fox? Now I'm even more confused as to its relevance on this topic.

Kman101

Well "Alien", is very different than "Alien Encounter", 2 totally different topics .......especially when I thought the topic originated around the prospects of movie tie ins and the Fox deal.

So what does Alien Encounter have to do with Fox? Now I'm even more confused as to its relevance on this topic.

Um, It's not a stretch. Why would they do another "Alien" attraction when the one they had "failed"? That's all. I'm aware they're different.

Texas84

Um, It's not a stretch. Why would they do another "Alien" attraction when the one they had "failed"? That's all. I'm aware they're different.
Make a different attraction. Instead of sitting in a harness in the dark expand on the GMR scene and make it a dark ride through the ship being chased by Aliens. Not going to happen but that was my favorite scene in GMR. Sounds more Universal than Disney.

kevhugh

I think part of what is getting lost in translation here is that the initial concept for Alien Encounter involved using the Alien IP before plans changed.

If there was that much complaining about Alien Encounter (which in and of itself was supposedly toned down after crowd testing), could you imagine what it would have been like with a scarier version that included xenomorphs?

NickMaio

I was wondering what everyone thinks the fox acquisition and its franchises/ properties really means for the parks and future attractions. There are so many 21st Century FOX Movies/Interlectual properties that can now be used. Some of which I mentioned in the Post title being Deadpool, Die hard, Ice age, Predator, Terminator, titanic, and so many others. Thoughts??
Nope....nada.....
Zero....zilch......
Not gonna do it.

Damon7777

If there was that much complaining about Alien Encounter (which in and of itself was supposedly toned down after crowd testing),

Disney positioned AE as the centerpiece to the new Tomorrowland back in the mid 90's. Word had it that Eisner himself rejected the initial incarnation of Alien Encounter and told creaters to make it scarier.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom