Four Parks One World One Question. Why?

AceGizmoBoy

It's as I tell everyone that asks me this question pertaining to my obsession with Walt Disney World; It's the fact that it just emits nothing but positivity, which allows for an amazing and magical experience. It's that unique concentration of positivity that you can't find anywhere else in the world. It's a place where dreams come true, and where you become the story. :)

ddbowdoin

It's really unexplainable... even though CROFTON and TDO get nailed for cutting corners and what not, in 2012 compared to the rest of the crap out there it's one of the few establishments/companies that still puts together the best effort they can to provide valuable entertainment. I go to six flags here and there with friends and that is cutting corners, awesome rides but no theming... no connection between things.

It's weird... it's like everything seems entirely intentional, from the distance between trash cans, the color of the sidewalks, small details... all of which increases the enjoyment of your experience.

worldtraveler

I refer to WDW as the bubble. Once that magical express bus or car drives under the signs the "real world" is gone for however long you may be there. Life is different, sort of magical. Just sitting here at my desk at work, I keep smiling because in 17 days my life will become magical again!

rnese

I love paying $10 for a cheeseburger and fries!

No, seriously, it's the look on the faces of the kids when they see the characters that does it for me!

Bocko57

My boyfriend asked me this because he grew up in a house that always thought "Disney is only for rich people" so he's never been there! He couldn't understand why its better than the local amusement park or even six flags. I tried explaining the high tech rides, the theming, the shows and fireworks... and he was like "you can see fireworks anywhere, and most of those rides are only fun for kids". It broke my heart! HM, POTC, SW... only fun for kids!! I couldn't believe he lived his life with that mentality! Then I tried explaining how magical main street is and the castle and all the memories you get from being there... he said "you build memories at other parks too, how is it different?". He just couldn't understand why WDW gives us the warm and fuzzies! I feel like its an uphill battle here lol

Well Scoobygirl, I was the same way and said the same things before I had my first magical experience at WDW in 1996. I had been to Cedar Point, Geauga Lake, and Kings Island (All Ohio Parks) and I loved them all. How can/could anything compare to these rides? With that being said, I have been to Walt Disney World every year since 1996 and I have not been to Cedar Point in over 20 yrs, Geauga Lake no longer is there, and I just went to Kings Island last week with my kids for the Haunted Houses (rode only 1 ride) and had not been there for 12 yrs.

If you can get your boyfriend to go, perhaps he too will fall in love with WDW.

stevehousse

My family when I was younger was fortunate enough to have multiple trips there when I was a kid. It was my moms favorite vacation place. Going there now as an adult brings back so many great memories we used to have there together. And now that I have kids of my own getting to share that magical experience with them is priceless. The looks of joy and wonder on ther faces when we r there are just amazing! Can't wait for our next trip on May!

cba

I'll keep it short because it'll be longer than the Lord of the Rings trilogy if I list it all.
• The Characters
• Seeing the kids have a great time
• The magic of the rides
• I always feel happy when I'm there

Sharired

I grew up going to WDW with my mom and grandparents, who were all huge fans. I have so many fond memories of our trips. Now that they have all passed, WDW not only allows me to build wonderful memories with my own little ones, it allows me to remember the best things about the people who originally instilled this Disney craziness in me! Needless to say, WDW surely pulls at my heart strings and only people like all us understand.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom