Four Days

StarWarsGirl

It's really up to you. We've done 4 day trips to WDW before, and we liked doing Animal Kingdom on our last day. But that's because we never do the zoo near us, so we do the nature trails and safari more than once while there. Plus we love Everest. We've done the side trip several times. Once we did all four parks. That was because it was June 2011 and Star Tours had opened and if we hadn't gone over there, my brother and I would have had something to say about it (because we couldn't wait for August to come around. But it's your trip; you decide. We usually skipped Studios because we went Saturday-Tuesday and didn't feel like battling weekend June crowds over there. For MK we did EMH on the Sunday and did everything we wanted to do. Most of the time we were at Epcot and the pool. But we were coming back in six weeks. So it depends: How important is it to your group? You may want to plan an ADR at MK or Epcot one night, and if you want to do a few things over at AK and then head to a different park, you can. But it depends on your passes too. My motto for WDW trips is "Make the ADRs, then go with the flow." For example, you make an ADR at Epcot. So you'll be in Epcot that day. But that doesn't have to mean ALL DAY.

You forgot about Dinosaur, a very cool ride, and Primeval Whirl, which we like, but some don't care about.

jw24

Like everyone says, it all depends on you. Personally, I'd park-hop AK and HS on the same day because both parks are half-day really in my book. If you like animals, then probably yes, you should visit the AK. If not, you can probably skip it and just do a half-day at HS and the other half at whatever park you want. I mean, HS is definitely NOT a full day park at the moment. Maybe it will be someday.....

JIMINYCR

Since the tree is not wood would you call it craving?
I do not like the shows
I do not shop,
I am not a fan of Everest what makes you think I like more roller-coasters?
I have a park hopper pass, I likely will go for 1/2 a day.

I answered your two questions... Would you even bother with AK? and Is there anything else at AK?
Guess you really didn't want an answer. Stay out of AK if you don't find anything worth while there. Your "is I better off spending more time in the Magic Kingdom?" Guess so.
AND ...YES.... CARVINGS. As stated on the Official Disney World site.

tree-of-life-01.jpg
A Swirling Tapestry of Animals

Behold the breathtaking artistry of a sculpted tree that wordlessly expresses the intricate balance of nature. Located on Discovery Island, the Tree of Life vividly commemorates all living things—and the place they share—in the great Circle of Life.
At an impressive 145 feet tall and 50 feet wide at its base, the Tree of Life is home to over 300 meticulously detailed animal carvings throughout its massive trunk, gnarling roots and outstretched branches—invoking the diversity, beauty and interconnected nature of earth’s many creatures.

NX2I85

From my OP you should of got the clue I been to Animal Kingdom.
Bugs Life (lame 3d film) is in the tree of life.
Since the tree is not wood would you call it craving? It was ok, the first 5 or 6 times looking at it but I would not go out of my way to see the "Tree of Life" again.

I do not like the shows watched them they were not my cup of tea.
Find Nemo was an great movie but hardly a musical and I do not want to watch people in out with puppets to a soundtrack of a movie that was not a musical. Now Voyage of the Little Mermaid is a different story excellent strong sound track.

I am a guy I do not shop, and I really would not pay Disney prices.

I am not a fan of Everest what makes you think I like more roller-coasters?

Saying all this...
I have a park hopper pass, I likely will go for 1/2 a day.

AK is no big deal for us either. If we have hoppers I may go there for a half day. Otherwise I miss it altogether.

*My whole family enjoys Everest a lot.
*We like Kilimanjaro Safari, but there is not much there that we can't see at the zoo 20 minutes from home
*Dinosaur ride is OK, but I don't mind missing it
*The whole Chester-Hester thing is unappealing.
*FoLK was awesome the first 10 times I saw it
*Nemo show is a snooze
*ITTBAB is nice but hardly a reason to plan for the park
*Flights of Wonder is an OK show, but having seen it 4 times I doubt I will go again soon
*The nature trails are nothing special (as compared to the zoo 20 minutes from my house)

The way our WDW vacations work out, it essentially comes down to us asking ourselves whether we want to spend $240 (4 hopping options) to go to AK because other than that we do just fine at one park per day. In my book AK is a pleasant park, but is not worth anywhere close to $240

Florida_is_hot

Original Poster
I answered your two questions... Would you even bother with AK? and Is there anything else at AK?
Guess you really didn't want an answer. Stay out of AK if you don't find anything worth while there. Your "is I better off spending more time in the Magic Kingdom?" Guess so.
AND ...YES.... CARVINGS. As stated on the Official Disney World site.

tree-of-life-01.jpg

A Swirling Tapestry of Animals

Behold the breathtaking artistry of a sculpted tree that wordlessly expresses the intricate balance of nature. Located on Discovery Island, the Tree of Life vividly commemorates all living things—and the place they share—in the great Circle of Life.
At an impressive 145 feet tall and 50 feet wide at its base, the Tree of Life is home to over 300 meticulously detailed animal carvings throughout its massive trunk, gnarling roots and outstretched branches—invoking the diversity, beauty and interconnected nature of earth’s many creatures.

Your point is what?
We know it is not wood, so an artist sculpts the animals in the concert that the tree is made of and Disney calls it carving ..... big deal.

I still seen it.

pluto13

Animal Kingdom ranks at my #3 park, Hollywood Studios at #4, so I love AK, I love all the parks and I couldn't miss it for the world, this question was answered and I would go if I were you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom