Fountain of Nations update

sillyspook13

Original Poster
I was at Epcot yesterday and I have some information on Fountain of Nations. As you know, it has been shut off for the past couple of weeks or so. (I'm not exactly sure how long) We have assumed it was because of the drought.

Over the past two weeks, I have noticed that all of the other fountains are now running. Fountain of Nations is still off and the water is completely drained. I noticed a small maintenance crew and equipment in the area around the fountain. The people were going in and out of the fountain's control room. I also noticed that a portion of the railing around the fountain had been freshly painted. This could possibly be a last minute touch-up before the fountain is turned back on.

It has rained 16+ inches in the Orlando area so far this month. I don't think Fountain of Nations is still off because of the drought. I believe that there might be a new musical score added to the fountain. Possibly in time for Walt's 100th birthday? This would go along with the park's entrance music which was changed within the past couple of days. (it was originally part of the Reflections of Earth music and an instrumental version of Tomorrow's Child. Now it's music from the attractions.)

Maria

It is my favorite spot! I was fortunate enough to be working with Guest Relations around the Fountain while they were building Millennium Central and all around was blue walled, so we were directing the people to the areas, and one of those days, a guy was watching it, and told me some mistakes on the water fountains and when I asked how he knew it was not working correctly, he told me he was the designer of it! He said he also designed the inverted one next to JIYI.
I am not sure if I was tricked or not, but he seemed to know the mechanism and told me his name and everything, and for some reason I had to believe him and thank him for such a creation! I remember I did some research about that name later and ended up being true, but I can´t remember it now. Maybe someone fooled me.... *lip*;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom