Found some interesting past eBay listings.....

SonnyEcipse

Original Poster
I was never aware of this but it looks like some of the clothes Figment and Dreamfinder wore from the original Journey into Imagination, were sold on eBay.

Attachments

• AD5AEEC4-7EEB-47BC-B6EC-5217D9B8678A.jpeg
    AD5AEEC4-7EEB-47BC-B6EC-5217D9B8678A.jpeg
    70.9 KB · Views: 314

SonnyEcipse

Original Poster
I was never aware of this but it looks like some of the clothes Figment and Dreamfinder wore from the original Journey into Imagination, were sold on eBay.
The first one looks to be this outfit.

Attachments

• 9D6EB5BD-E51A-4D6F-9782-85019D9B6C11.jpeg
    9D6EB5BD-E51A-4D6F-9782-85019D9B6C11.jpeg
    125 KB · Views: 108

Mesa Azul

Figment‘s apron sold for $5K. Same seller sold a pair of Figment horns a few days later. I was half thinking he was parting out the poor guy :eek: I’ve been watching his listings since. He had a few amazing items pop up. Not sure where they were coming from, but after the Buzzy scandal I can guess.

dreamfinder

At one point Disney sold stuff like this themselves on eBay directly. I know they had the Dream Mobile (one of them) listed way back in the day. Think that whole thing went for under $10K. Admittedly the shipping was probablly as much as the sale price, but when you say the apron sold for $5k, it's a steal!

Mesa Azul

Last summer. July 2020 for both the apron and the Figment horns (which were here, but the link is now dead on ebay. At Worthpoint here). Here's what they looked like.

horns.jpeg

Not sure if the same seller had the Dreamfinder clothes. I only started following him after the Figment pieces :D

Last edited:

Mesa Azul

Nah, wasn’t Patrick... or at least wasn’t him directly. I feel weird calling the guy out, and for all I know he got this stuff legit, but it sure made me say hmmmm. His ebay ID is 20 years old, and if his handle is any true indication the guy is in his 40s and may be completely oblivious to the last year or so of news stories involving Buzzy. I did end up talking to him to see what else he might have. Seemed like a decent guy, but then I don’t know where any of this stuff legit comes from.

I’ve heard stories of contractors hired to haul stuff from the park for/after demo. I’d assumed that was the bulk of this stuff, but the Buzzy theft sort of made me feel weird about some of the stuff I’ve bought over the years.

WillWrambles

In the Parks
No
Nah, wasn’t Patrick... or at least wasn’t him directly. I feel weird calling the guy out, and for all I know he got this stuff legit, but it sure made me say hmmmm. His ebay ID is 20 years old, and if his handle is any true indication the guy is in his 40s and may be completely oblivious to the last year or so of news stories involving Buzzy. I did end up talking to him to see what else he might have. Seemed like a decent guy, but then I don’t know where any of this stuff legit comes from.

I’ve heard stories of contractors hired to haul stuff from the park for/after demo. I’d assumed that was the bulk of this stuff, but the Buzzy theft sort of made me feel weird about some of the stuff I’ve bought over the years.
Well, you have every right to be at least slightly suspicious.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom