Forum upgrade - Begins 10pm EDT Friday 8 June 2012

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm very excited to announce that the WDWMAGIC Forums will be undergoing a major upgrade to bring you an even better discussion experience.

The forum will be closed on the evening of Friday 8 June 2012 at 10pm EDT, and will reopen again on Saturday 9 June 2012. More precise timings will be announced closer to the time.

Your existing username and password will remain active, as will all of your previous posts and threads.

Blogs, Photo Albums, and Photo Galleries will not be transferred to the new system. They will remain open in a read-only state after the upgrade to give you time to copy anything from those areas that you may wish to keep.

You can follow us on Twitter - username: WDWMAGIC for additional updates during the outage.

Thank you for being part of the WDWMAGIC community!

NYwdwfan

I'm very excited to announce that the WDWMAGIC Forums will be undergoing a major upgrade to bring you an even better discussion experience.

The forum will be closed on the evening of Friday 8 June 2012, and will reopen again on Saturday 9 June 2012. More precise timings will be announced closer to the time.

Your existing username and password will remain active, as will all of your previous posts and threads.

Blogs, Photo Albums, and Photo Galleries will not be transferred to the new system. They will remain open in a read-only state after the upgrade to give you time to copy anything from those areas that you may wish to keep.

You can follow us on Twitter - username: WDWMAGIC for additional updates during the outage.

This is exciting! Will there be a support group somewhere for those of us that will break out in hives and cold sweats from being disconnected for the day? :lol:

maxairmike

Leaving VBulletin??

Hopefully a major VBulletin upgrade. Haven't kept up on it like I used to when I ran another site, but this doesn't seem like the latest VB system. Hopefully the database/other issues that cause the ghost pages gets fixed. That's my biggest annoyance, and this is the only forum I've visited that's had that problem.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Hopefully a major VBulletin upgrade. Haven't kept up on it like I used to when I ran another site, but this doesn't seem like the latest VB system. Hopefully the database/other issues that cause the ghost pages gets fixed. That's my biggest annoyance, and this is the only forum I've visited that's had that problem.

v4 is the 'new' major version.. but many sites have opt'd not to upgrade because they don't like the changes or the new pricing or the new company that owns vbulletin now. The heavier the mods were done to the site, the harder it is to make the jump to v4. It's been maybe a year(?) since the big vbull switch and many are defecting from vbulletin all together because of the new team and business model.

Steve's comment about blogs/etc not coming over may infer a platform change..

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

v4 is the 'new' major version.. but many sites have opt'd not to upgrade because they don't like the changes or the new pricing or the new company that owns vbulletin now. The heavier the mods were done to the site, the harder it is to make the jump to v4. It's been maybe a year(?) since the big vbull switch and many are defecting from vbulletin all together because of the new team and business model.

Steve's comment about blogs/etc not coming over may infer a platform change..

Leaving VBulletin??

Yes it will be a compete platform change.

We have not been able to run a reliable platform under VB4. I think you will like the new system. :)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Yes the ghost pages are eliminated.

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!

The forum will be closed on the evening of Friday 8 June 2012, and will reopen again on Saturday 9 June 2012. More precise timings will be announced closer to the time.

Great!!!

Cant wait to see the results :wave:

Will the change be reflected in the iPhone app?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom