Fort Wilderness Transportation Questions

SteelVengeance

Alright, so I’ve planned out a trip to Fort Wilderness in June for myself and my family and we are all very excited. Usually we rent a house off site, so this is the first time we will be using Extra Magic Hours and the Disney transportation system in full. We’ll be going to early magic hours at 8:00 for Magic Kingdom and Epcot, and would prefer not to use the bus if possible.

Questions:
1. When do the internal FW buses begin running?
2. Would it be faster to take the blue flag boat and walk to the MK instead of waiting for the green flag, since the blue flag begins running at 6:45?
3. Is it possible to go blue flag -> Contemporary -> resort monorail -> Epcot monorail? I know it’s probably slower than the direct bus, but would we still get there in reasonable time for the EMH, even if we don’t have a campsite next to the marina?

ScreaminSunbird

We stayed at Ft Wilderness last August and the boats are a fast way to get to the MK. One nice perk of stay at the campground is your truck will be right there. If you have a vehicle you can drive, you can get free parking at any of the parks, so we just drove instead of riding the buses. It was a fast way to get from one place to another and the parking is free. Just held up my Ft wilderness pass and they let me right through.

Upvote 0

TARDIS

1. 6am
2.Faster? No. But if the concern is you want to get to the park earlier than the other boat, then yes taking a 6:45 boat to contemporary and walking could get you there earlier but not sure how much earlier to make the hassle worth it.
3. That would be just about the longest way around possible. But if you want to do it, I guess you could make it in time depending on any vairibles popping up and loading wait times.

Enjoy your trip I’ll be there the first week of June!

Upvote 0

Amos1784

Alright, so I’ve planned out a trip to Fort Wilderness in June for myself and my family and we are all very excited. Usually we rent a house off site, so this is the first time we will be using Extra Magic Hours and the Disney transportation system in full. We’ll be going to early magic hours at 8:00 for Magic Kingdom and Epcot, and would prefer not to use the bus if possible.

Questions:
1. When do the internal FW buses begin running?
2. Would it be faster to take the blue flag boat and walk to the MK instead of waiting for the green flag, since the blue flag begins running at 6:45?
3. Is it possible to go blue flag -> Contemporary -> resort monorail -> Epcot monorail? I know it’s probably slower than the direct bus, but would we still get there in reasonable time for the EMH, even if we don’t have a campsite next to the marina?

I think one big thing with Disney Transportation is don't over think it. If a bus line is long or a boat line is long MOST of the time you will make it on that bus or boat or the next AND make it to your destination quicker than the work around. It might seem tempting at that time if another boat is there and yours is not however faster is typically not the outcome. We just stayed at the fort for Spring break in March, we never had much of a wait and overall transportation was great.

The ONLY one I would say as a work around, if you even want to call it that is the Resort Monorail from the TTC to MK rather than direct when the line is astronomically long.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom