Fort Wilderness - RV and Other Rentals

HoneyBee1991

Original Poster
Let me start by saying I am not a camper. My family camped every summer for weeks and weeks my entire life and I would be perfectly happy to never sleep on the ground again.

But my husband loves the RV camping experience and that isn't something I have ever tried. I love the outdoors and I think it would be cool to let my daughter experience Fort Wilderness.

So we are considering renting an RV in Orlando for Fort Wilderness. Has anyone done this? Do you know a good rental place that is clean and affordable you would recommend? Is it worth the price to rent one or should we just rent one of the cabins?

Thoughts?

stratman50th

We have never rented as we have our own, so I can't make a recommendation but I think I can find you a list. We have been going to Disney and staying on property since 1989. We have also stayed at many of the resorts. I have enjoyed them all, but not as much as staying at the Fort. It's a world of its own. Honestly, I really don't care about going to the parks any longer and wouldn't except my wife likes a few things such as the flower and garden festival. I could spend a week at Fort Wilderness without leaving.
I assume you don't want to rent a cabin based on your statement about your husband wanting to RV camp?

stratman50th

By the way, I don't sleep on the ground so I feel ya! At my age I insist on my creature comforts and make no apologies for it. I tell people all the time.... "We don't camp". I want water, sewer, and a 50amp power supply.

MMFanCipher

We have our own camper so we have never used them, just heard of them. On facebook the site Camper Rental Adventures has rented
campers for WDW. Just do a Google search on "rent an RV in Orlando". Good luck.

JamieLee18

I haven’t used any of the rental companies, but saw the rented RVs (they have the company’s logo on them) on my last trip and they looked really nice. I wouldn’t hesitate to stay in one.

stratman50th

I have never used them by https://rvshare.com/ and http://www.floridacamperrental.com/. One of the benefits of florida camper rental is that they will drop it off at Fort Wilderness and pick it up when you are done.

Again I have never used either of them but had them bookmarked. We have only ever stayed in the cabins. That will change soon as my in-laws just purchased a motorhome. :)
Ha! Once you stay at the Fort there's no going back!

He does like to go RV camping. But if it's going to cost just as much to rent the camping lot and RV as it would a cabin, I'd probably insist on the cabin 😂
There are other considerations regarding cabin vs RV besides cost. Where in the campground do you want to be and when are you going are two that I can think of. The campground is huge - about 800 campsites and 400 cabins - so being near the meadows where the pool is or the settlement where the boat to MK is can be a significant consideration. The cabins are about as far away from those as you can get. Also at certain times of the year the campsites are decorated to the extreme - think 4th of July, Halloween, and Christmas. I can spend hours going around the park at Christmas. They even have planned golf cart parades at Christmas and Halloween, not sure about the 4th. Also the campsites are the original Pet Friendly accommodations at WDW (was some loops, but all are included now I think), but they are not allowed in the Cabins. Might want to research the Fort before you make a decision.

Club Cooloholic

RV rentals are usually pretty darn pricey, but it being Orlando, I wouldn't be surprised if there was some outfit down there that offered a decent price on a rental. Heck surprised there isn't one that goes in and sets it all up for you.

stratman50th

RV rentals are usually pretty darn pricey, but it being Orlando, I wouldn't be surprised if there was some outfit down there that offered a decent price on a rental. Heck surprised there isn't one that goes in and sets it all up for you.
They all set them up for you. All you do is show up. Several also rent golf carts and my understanding is the prices are better than the Fort cart rentals.

MMFanCipher

From what I heard they can't drop off Golf Carts at the Fort anymore. You have to meet the person off site to pick up and drop off.

stratman50th

From what I heard they can't drop off Golf Carts at the Fort anymore. You have to meet the person off site to pick up and drop off.
Might want to check and verify that. For just the cart rental that's true. I believe, and again check with the rental company, if you are renting an RV and cart together it should be delivered as a package.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom