Fort Wilderness Questions

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Original Poster
So, my wife and I have been considering a long weekend in Ft Wilderness using the smallest campsite, and we're curious as to

1- What's the restroom and shower situation there in COVID times? Are the comfort stations being cleaned more often, and

2- Would there be issues showing up with an SUV and a rooftop tent as opposed to an RV?

Last edited:

ScreaminSunbird

We stayed there last year so I cannot talk about the cleaning, but I can say the restrooms are the best in any campground you will visit. If you go, request the 1500 loop as that will put you closest to the pool and quick service restaurant. Make sure and bring a bike to ride around the campground. We used bikes instead of the bus transportation and had a great time.

Raxel7851

We stayed last year in a Class B RV, which is large van. The restroom/showers are the cleanest of the clean before the COVID-19 issues. I would imagine they’re more clean, if that’s even possible. Depending on what want to do there depends on the site you’d like. We chose a preferred site, 300 loop, which puts you walking distance to the boat dock and Pioneer Hall. Keep in mind the campground is HUGE!! There’s an internal bus that can be used if you’re way in the back.

Raxel7851

If you stay in Dec or Jan, many of the RVs of the loops are decked out with Christmas lights. It's a sight to see.
It’s a great option since they closed Osborne Family Lights at the Studios. Some of those campers really go all out!! You can do different loops each night.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Original Poster
Another question - how is security with regards to us pulling a cooler full of yummy off-property craft beers to drink on our campsite? We tend to hit up a few excellent offsite breweries every time we go and stock up.

Archie123

Another question - how is security with regards to us pulling a cooler full of yummy off-property craft beers to drink on our campsite? We tend to hit up a few excellent offsite breweries every time we go and stock up.

No issues at all. You can stock up with whatever yummy beers you want to bring.

Lilofan

We'll likely bring bicycles and/or skateboards.
Bicycles, golf carts Disney buses and personal vehicles all share the same local roads. Kids with bikes should use extreme caution. A kid riding his bike rode to close to a WDW bus filled with guests. The bike went underneath the bus's wheels. The child was killed instantly.

John park hopper

Bicycles, golf carts Disney buses and personal vehicles all share the same local roads. Kids with bikes should use extreme caution. A kid riding his bike rode to close to a WDW bus filled with guests. The bike went underneath the bus's wheels. The child was killed instantly.
how horrible when was this?

NelleBelle

Are there plenty of bike racks to lock your bike at the dock/pool other places around the campground? We are planning on driving our airstream down from Seattle next summer and don’t know if it’s worth it to haul the bikes or not?

Lilofan

Are there plenty of bike racks to lock your bike at the dock/pool other places around the campground? We are planning on driving our airstream down from Seattle next summer and don’t know if it’s worth it to haul the bikes or not?
Yes there are bike racks throughout Fort Wilderness. Bikes and golf carts still share the main road with cars and buses. Be careful!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom