Fort Wilderness DVC, TTC relocation, Potential New Resort, New Water Pageant

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
On Episode 94 of The Unofficial Guide's Disney Dish with Jim Hill, Jim discusses several potential hotel plans coming to the areas around the Magic Kingdom.

• Fort Wilderness DVC: The plan would be to convert the former River Country area adjacent to the Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground into a new DVC building. Per Jim, the rumor calls for a 5 story building on that site with site prep beginning later in 2016. The expectation is that the new DVC would have references to River Country.
  • TTC Relocation: This relocation involves multiple moving parts.
    • The former STOL port airport is an area of land immediately East of the Magic Kingdom Parking lot. This area is typically used for construction staging, but the new plan is to turn this into the new offsite bus parking area. Transportation would take guests arriving by offsite bus to the Ticket and Transportation Center via some sort of transportation (presumably a standard parking tram).
    • This would eliminate the need for the existing Bus area immediately to the right (East) of the Ticket and Transportation Center.
    • The TTC would be relocated to the new Bus area and would take into consideration the different demands of today's guests (ADA Compliance, larger crowds, ECVs, strollers, etc).
  • New Resort: With the TTC relocated, this allows the former TTC area to be the entrance to a new resort with the area directly North of this area (along Seven Seas Lagoon) potentially being used as part of this new resort.
  • New Water Pageant: Disney filed patents on a drone based show that was initially rumored to be part of the redesign of Illuminations. This show is now rumored to be part of a new show on Seven Seas Lagoon. The show is expected to feature components on the water that will be supplemented by the new drone based technology. This would be part of the 50th anniversary celebration in 2021.
At this point in time, I'm classifying these rumors as Blue Sky on my site.

MickeyWiki

On Episode 94 of The Unofficial Guide's Disney Dish with Jim Hill, Jim discusses several potential hotel plans coming to the areas around the Magic Kingdom.

• Fort Wilderness DVC: The plan would be to convert the former River Country area adjacent to the Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground into a new DVC building. Per Jim, the rumor calls for a 5 story building on that site with site prep beginning later in 2016. The expectation is that the new DVC would have references to River Country.
  • TTC Relocation: This relocation involves multiple moving parts.
    • The former STOL port airport is an area of land immediately East of the Magic Kingdom Parking lot. This area is typically used for construction staging, but the new plan is to turn this into the new offsite bus parking area. Transportation would take guests arriving by offsite bus to the Ticket and Transportation Center via some sort of transportation (presumably a standard parking tram).
    • This would eliminate the need for the existing Bus area immediately to the right (East) of the Ticket and Transportation Center.
    • The TTC would be relocated to the new Bus area and would take into consideration the different demands of today's guests (ADA Compliance, larger crowds, ECVs, strollers, etc).
  • New Resort: With the TTC relocated, this allows the former TTC area to be the entrance to a new resort with the area directly North of this area (along Seven Seas Lagoon) potentially being used as part of this new resort.
  • New Water Pageant: Disney filed patents on a drone based show that was initially rumored to be part of the redesign of Illuminations. This show is now rumored to be part of a new show on Seven Seas Lagoon. The show is expected to feature components on the water that will be supplemented by the new drone based technology. This would be part of the 50th anniversary celebration in 2021.
At this point in time, I'm classifying these rumors as Blue Sky on my site.
You really got to appreciate a rumor that somehow includes: The STOLport, River Country, the Water Pagent, and the TTC. Now if we can just work Discovery Island in somehow!;)

Jon81uk

I would guess with the new DVC cabins being added to Wilderness Lodge on the shore of Bay Lake if they did add a DVC building/resort at River County this would link the Lodge and the Campground together more?

seascape

Part of what Jim Hill suggests may be done but the idea of moving the TTC is crazy. The boats can't be moved and if anyone believes that Disney will have tens of thousands customers every day walk through a deluxe resort to the boats, I have a bridge to nowhere to sell them.

As for more resorts hotel rooms and a DVC, they are in fact needed for the 2021 50th celebration. In fact in the last two earnings calls Disney has suggested that more hotel rooms are needed and will be built. Jim is breaking no new news here. Besides a new deluxe resort and a new DVC, Disney needs another moderate resort and a value resort to handle the Star Wars crowds.

djkidkaz

Since we're in crazy thread land for the moment I'm gonna toss this out there. I heard a new rumor that there is talk about expanding the monorail to Hollywood Studios as part of the overhaul of the park. I know monorail expansion is like the craziest of the crazy talk but with the parking situation over there and Star Wars Land, Toy Story Land and an unknown Land over the backlot / LMA area it seems like that might be enough to push something like this through. Dont kill the messenger, just tossing it out there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom