Fort Wilderness Camp site ?

Have you ever sat on the bench by the restrooms between Guest Relations and the Fire Station?

• YES

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • NO

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • I thought that is was just for decoration.

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DisneyWall-E

Original Poster
Family and I looked into booking a tent/partial hook up site anywhere between Nov and Dec and we came up snake eyes(couldn't find any availability). My questions: are the campsites that popular, am I that unlucky, or is the economy so bad people are looking for cheaper ways to stay(that's what we are trying to do)?

PS.I know this is a stupid thread so here is a random poll for your troubles.

rob45

Keep calling back, maybe a cancellation will occur. I would call WDW reseverations, i don't know how accurate the online reservations are. Yes the campsites are popular.

pixiesteno

The campgrounds are very, very, very popular during the fall and into the holiday season. There are many RVers who do extended stays during this time. You might want to try for a full-hook up site, even though it is more service than you will use, as there are more full hookup sites than tent/partial sites. I have noticed that many, many of the camping loops have been re-designated to preferred and premium sites over the past couple of years. Good luck!!!

Weather_Lady

They are that popular -- my family spent years when I was growing up with camping as one of the only types of vacation we could afford. Fort Wilderness was the nicest campground (with the cleanest comfort stations) I'd ever seen. Even back then (in the 1980's) they were booked up at least a year ahead of time for the more popular times of year.

brent2124

Try booking for a longer amount of time or checking in mid week, you should be able to get a reservation that you can then edit to be only the dates you need

awoogala

Family and I looked into booking a tent/partial hook up site anywhere between Nov and Dec and we came up snake eyes(couldn't find any availability). My questions: are the campsites that popular, am I that unlucky, or is the economy so bad people are looking for cheaper ways to stay(that's what we are trying to do)?

PS.I know this is a stupid thread so here is a random poll for your troubles.
I am part of a HUGE homeschooling group going in November. Lots of homeschoolers might be camping. It tends to be a frugal way, and hs are frugal!

brokedad

Good luck ever getting there, stayed in feb and there were plenty of spots left, call instead of looking online, might have to get extra nights then cancel them when u arrive.Try also full hook ups.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom