Fort Wilderness Cabins stay

DznyGrlSD

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Another thread!! Booked a cabin at Ft Wilderness for a 3 day weekend in August and need all of the advice you can throw at me. It will be me, mom and 2 dogs.

I already reserved a golf cart
Will I be able to park my car at the cabin?
Do they do room/cabin checks? We will have the dogs and I'd hate for them to get out if we happen to step out for a bit.
Planning on doing Hoop Dee Doo and Trails End
Is there a firepit at the cabins?
Are they doing carriage rides again?
Where can/can't we take the dogs while staying there?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
While I have not stayed at the cabins I can answer your carriage ride question.

1653483703897.png

Virtual Toad

Another thread!! Booked a cabin at Ft Wilderness for a 3 day weekend in August and need all of the advice you can throw at me. It will be me, mom and 2 dogs.

Do they do room/cabin checks? We will have the dogs and I'd hate for them to get out if we happen to step out for a bit.
The cabins and campground are incredible! A true WDW treasure. It's been a couple of years since we've stayed there, but to answer (most) of your questions:

1) Excellent! Though walking/biking are also eminently doable for many.
2) Yes. Sadly they do charge for parking.
3) Not sure.
4) Both are amazing. Enjoy!
5) Yes-- at the Meadows where they show nightly movies. AFAIK, you should still be able to buy s'mores kits. Roasting marshmallows while you enjoy the film is a lot of fun.
6) Not sure.
7) Not sure-- though they do have a dog park there.

Have a great time!

castlecake2.0

They do cabin checks, just call housekeeping from the time n room phone and you can arrange a time for the check so you can be there with the dogs :)

Raxel7851

There is a nice fenced in dog park near the Meadows Trading Post. There’s also very nice walking paths you can enjoy. Big time kudos on the golf cart. Yes you can park your car at your cabin. FW is a wonderful resort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom