Formula 1 2023

Lilofan

So because the rules were not enforced previously makes it alright to break them 🙄
Poor picked on Lewis and Mercedes.
They forced the FIA to remove Massi and are unhappy with the replacement. Boo boo.
Break them? Nice excuse. Ones who made them didn't enforce , drivers kept driving..

Nubs70

If you cared to read, even other drivers said Lewis was being targeted for jewelry . Odd that all these years those "safety" rules were not enforced until recently.
Targeted because it is unsafe.Not because he is Sir Lewis, the 7 time world champion, or because of his race.

Properly enforced rules target no one or target everyone, depending on perspective.

What makes Sir Lewis so special that he needs a jewelry exemption?

Timmay

Original Poster
If you cared to read, even other drivers said Lewis was being targeted for jewelry . Odd that all these years those "safety" rules were not enforced until recently.
Gasly has removed all his piercings for races. And he had a fair amount.

The new race directors…who have the job because of Hamilton and Mercedes…certainly aren’t targeting Hamilton. They have started enforcing other safety rules as well that weren’t followed in the past. If you actually followed F1 you would know this.

Nubs70

Break them? Nice excuse. Ones who made them didn't enforce , drivers kept driving..
And those who didn't enforce them are not involved any more. Not any different when you get a new boss, you get new rules. If you do not want to follow the new rules, you do not get to tell the boss which rules you will and will not follow.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Gasly has removed all his piercings for races. And he had a fair amount.

The new race directors…who have the job because of Hamilton and Mercedes…certainly aren’t targeting Hamilton. They have started enforcing other safety rules as well that weren’t followed in the past. If you actually followed F1 you would know this.
The same people on the grid last season who complained that rules were not being followed are the same ones complaining this year that it is now too strict. Essentially it is, "follow the rules...but only the ones that I agree with."

The better way to address is to petition for a change of the rules if you think they are not right.

GimpYancIent

Under way in Monaco. The most exciting buildup, practices, and definitely qualifying…all followed by a snooze fest of the actual race.

Oh well…if you are a race fan, Sunday is certainly a great day.
Monaco is unique due to the exotic, iconic, historic location and the driving challenge of operating technologically advanced, high speed, low drag vehicles through a confined antique street course. The tolerances are measured in millimeters as the vehicles negotiate the course between the Armco barriers. True it's more about downforce rather than speed and passing opportunities are virtually nonexistent. Ahhhh but it has, is and will continue to be a high point of the F1 season.

Timmay

Original Poster
Monaco is unique due to the exotic, iconic, historic location and the driving challenge of operating technologically advanced, high speed, low drag vehicles through a confined antique street course. The tolerances are measured in millimeters as the vehicles negotiate the course between the Armco barriers. True it's more about downforce rather than speed and passing opportunities are virtually nonexistent. Ahhhh but it has, is and will continue to be a high point of the F1 season.
I certainly agree the entire event…all three days, are probably the high point of the season. The race itself though just can’t compete with other races anymore. The cars have just gotten way too big for the confined spaces in Monaco. Newer street courses have taken this into account.

Regardless, I’m pretty much glued to the TV from FP1 through the final lap of the race at Monaco. Even watch F2 and F3 races.

Last edited:

GimpYancIent

Not what I expected even with the rain. As close as the top four cars were that last 30 minutes, there really wasn’t going to be any passing. This race deserves to be better. They have to figure something out if the contract is renewed.
For the cars of today the course is definitely not suited. That said, what can be done within the constraints of the vintage layout of Monaco, there is only so much room.

Timmay

Original Poster
Perez has re-signed with Red Bull to 2024. Time for Pierre to move on...
Maybe. He seems to have a solid gig at Alpha. I’m not sure I’d want to go to give that up to go to Alpine, Williams, or Aston Martin. Those are the only teams I can think of with drivers leaving or in jeopardy. Unless his next move is out of F1.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Maybe. He seems to have a solid gig at Alpha. I’m not sure I’d want to go to give that up to go to Alpine, Williams, or Aston Martin. Those are the only teams I can think of with drivers leaving or in jeopardy. Unless his next move is out of F1.
McLaren. Daniel is out I imagine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom