Former Possible EPCOT Future World/Attractions Remodel

lifeguard1020

Original Poster
Okay, first off I need to apologize if this thread needs to be somewhere else. If so, please relocate.
Now, onto the actual details of my question.
I recall at some point getting into discussions (maybe on here, maybe some other sites. I'm unsure) about this HUGE remodel of Future World that was to take place. In my head it feels like the mid to late 90's. (I've just been through a number of brain surgeries and a number of memories are pretty tough) The entrance to the park past SpaceShip Earth was directed to the right, and then it snaked through the center/fountain area to the left to enter World Showcase. Most of the attractions were to have some kind of replace/remodel. The distinct one that people were the most upset about was replacing SpaceShip Earth with a highspeed rollercoaster type attraction. There were even maps and renderings that people had somehow acquired.
Now, my real questions is this. Does anyone have any of this information left? Details, descriptions, renderings?
Now I could be completely wrong about all of this, but something tells me no. After reading all this GOTG stuff, it kind of feels a little bit similar.

RobidaFlats

Okay, first off I need to apologize if this thread needs to be somewhere else. If so, please relocate.
Now, onto the actual details of my question.
I recall at some point getting into discussions (maybe on here, maybe some other sites. I'm unsure) about this HUGE remodel of Future World that was to take place. In my head it feels like the mid to late 90's. (I've just been through a number of brain surgeries and a number of memories are pretty tough) The entrance to the park past SpaceShip Earth was directed to the right, and then it snaked through the center/fountain area to the left to enter World Showcase. Most of the attractions were to have some kind of replace/remodel. The distinct one that people were the most upset about was replacing SpaceShip Earth with a highspeed rollercoaster type attraction. There were even maps and renderings that people had somehow acquired.
Now, my real questions is this. Does anyone have any of this information left? Details, descriptions, renderings?
Now I could be completely wrong about all of this, but something tells me no. After reading all this GOTG stuff, it kind of feels a little bit similar.

I believe that you are referring to Project Gemini. @marni1971 has posted a lot of information about it previously. Perhaps you can search some of his posts or he can direct you.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The one with Time Racers. Shudder.

image.png

Circa 2006 I recall.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom