Trip Report Forget about your worries and your strife. 🌞 Live trip report.

Quick recap of my pre-trip report to refresh memories or as just as catchup.
I (Mimi) am going on a solo trip to Disney World, 14 glorious days at AKL to do what I want, when I want.:joyfull:

This morning I woke up excited and ready to go, I threw the last things into my suitcase, double checked everything and happily went out in the rain to catch the bus to the train station. I gave myself plenty of time to get to the airport incase of delays etc. but luckily everything went smoothly and I arrived at the airport with plenty of time to share.
I looked around the shops a bit and took some photos to kill the time.
DSC_0024.JPG

These cups in a cafe don't spin but are cute none the less.
DSC_0025.JPG

Finally it was time to board my first flight.
DSC_0030.JPG

This add made me smile as it was spot on.:)

DSC_0035.JPG

The flight from Amsterdam to London was only 50 minutes and kind of boring except for the 2 Dutch ladies sitting in the row behind me. They were very unhappy that none of the flight attendants spoke Dutch,keep in mind that this was a British Airways flight, and complained loudly that it shouldn't be allowed for airlines to fly out of Amsterdam without at least one Dutch speaking crew member and the ladies refused to speak English to the crew. I didn't understand their logical at all and was happy the crew members didn't understand what they were saying. I was tempted to turn around to point out their stupidity but refrained. 🙊

Soon enough we landed safely at Gatwick, my hotel was easy to find and the check in staff were friendly and professional. My room is as expected, small and modern.
DSC_0044.JPG

The shower is right in front of the toilet without a barrier:hilarious: not the best layout but fine for just a night.
DSC_0045.JPG

No view as my room doesn't have a window.
Now I am just watching some TV, wishing it was tomorrow.:)

12in12

Original Poster
Excellent start
No Dutch lineage here. Just England/Scotland/Wales.

With respect to language I was on a plane to Japan and they told us they had English, French, Japanese, Mandarin and Spanish covered by the members of the crew.
And, because it was an Air Canada flight, every message was done three times (English, French, Japanese).

Thumbs up for Canadian Diversity and Inclusion!!

Looking forward to more

Following along

Max
Happy to have you along Max.
On my flight from Amsterdam they played a recording in Dutch with the safety instruction etc. however it was a small plane with 4 crew members so only English was spoken.

12in12

Original Poster
I woke up 2 hours before my alarm was due to go off, on a work day this would make me cranky but it is going to Disney day!:D:D:D
About 15 minutes after I woke up my neighbor used her own hairdryer and set of the fire alarm, the staff here were quick to respond and polite about it, I'm guessing this happens on a regular basis.

Kiwiduck

Quick recap of my pre-trip report to refresh memories or as just as catchup.
I (Mimi) am going on a solo trip to Disney World, 14 glorious days at AKL to do what I want, when I want.:joyfull:

This morning I woke up excited and ready to go, I threw the last things into my suitcase, double checked everything and happily went out in the rain to catch the bus to the train station. I gave myself plenty of time to get to the airport incase of delays etc. but luckily everything went smoothly and I arrived at the airport with plenty of time to share.
I looked around the shops a bit and took some photos to kill the time.
View attachment 256862

These cups in a cafe don't spin but are cute none the less.
View attachment 256864

Finally it was time to board my first flight.
View attachment 256865

This add made me smile as it was spot on.:)

View attachment 256866

The flight from Amsterdam to London was only 50 minutes and kind of boring except for the 2 Dutch ladies sitting in the row behind me. They were very unhappy that none of the flight attendants spoke Dutch,keep in mind that this was a British Airways flight, and complained loudly that it shouldn't be allowed for airlines to fly out of Amsterdam without at least one Dutch speaking crew member and the ladies refused to speak English to the crew. I didn't understand their logical at all and was happy the crew members didn't understand what they were saying. I was tempted to turn around to point out their stupidity but refrained. 🙊

Soon enough we landed safely at Gatwick, my hotel was easy to find and the check in staff were friendly and professional. My room is as expected, small and modern.View attachment 256879

The shower is right in front of the toilet without a barrier:hilarious: not the best layout but fine for just a night.
View attachment 256880
No view as my room doesn't have a window.
Now I am just watching some TV, wishing it was tomorrow.:)
How exciting setting off with your whole holiday in front of you! I have always wanted to stay in one of these hotels with tiny rooms!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom