forbidden journey

9bwoulfe

Original Poster
this is prob a thread already but i was just curious... does anyone have any ideas for a disney based attraction using forbidden journeys technology? thanks!

celluloid

this is prob a thread already but i was just curious... does anyone have any ideas for a disney based attraction using forbidden journeys technology? thanks!

I think as far as movie based attractions Aladdin would of been amazing with such a technology. Actually feeling like riding on a Magic Carpet through real sets, into a real Cave of Wonders and then through scenes with the dome screen carousels feeling like you are rushing out of crumbling areas or sandstorms would of been far more awesome than another dumbo like spinner for what they did with magic carpets.

Pioneer Hall

The Sum of All Thrills uses the same Kuka Arm Technology. Universal holds the patent when it comes to having it move like it does on Forbidden Journey, so don't expect to see Disney doing anything like that anytime soon.

9bwoulfe

Original Poster
i would even go as far as a mickey philarmagic type ride instead of a show would be cool... different plot of course... but thanks for the info guys

Skooterkid

I agree, a Philharmagic-style Forbidden Journey-style ride would be pretty cool. Maybe it could be based on some of the old Mickey Mouse cartoons and Silly Symphonies; I really don't think they are showcased enough in WDW. They deserve their own ride because afterall there would be no Disney World without them!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Last year innovations had an arm thing that was what Forbidden journey uses. Not sure if it still there.
The Sum of all Thrills :wave:

What`s annoying is the EMV was stopped from further development, so the moving motion base of Spiderman overtook it. The AGV from Orlandos TOT was dumped for a cheaper version. The LPS ride system is a TDS exclusive so far. A Kuka type system was well within Disneys grasp.

DancingPhoenix

I agree, a Philharmagic-style Forbidden Journey-style ride would be pretty cool. Maybe it could be based on some of the old Mickey Mouse cartoons and Silly Symphonies; I really don't think they are showcased enough in WDW. They deserve their own ride because afterall there would be no Disney World without them!

This please. I'd love to see old Mickey cartoons turned into a ride!

As far as movies go, Lion King could be cool... you could run with the herds and what not.

AEfx

The Sum of all Thrills :wave:

What`s annoying is the EMV was stopped from further development, so the moving motion base of Spiderman overtook it.

This one really bothers me. Indy and Dinosaur are two of the best dark rides ever created. I don't care what technology they showcase, I want quality, immersive experiences. Just because the tech isn't "cutting edge" anymore, it's so bothersome that it's not reused. Especially since R&D is already done.

At least they keep bringing omnimovers back. That's something.

celluloid

This one really bothers me. Indy and Dinosaur are two of the best dark rides ever created. I don't care what technology they showcase, I want quality, immersive experiences. Just because the tech isn't "cutting edge" anymore, it's so bothersome that it's not reused. Especially since R&D is already done.

At least they keep bringing omnimovers back. That's something.

Yes. overkill. Or Playing it safe, however you want to look at it.

Forbidden Journey took the horizons kind of omni concept, combined it with the idea of a an EMV and plussed the heck out of it.

I am waiting for Disney to take things to the next level or equal again. For example, how the bar was once pushed with Tower of Terror. Unreal that was underway in the very early 1990s.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom