Forbidden Journey for an 8 yr old?

lisak09

Original Poster
Hi, just wondering if anyone can tell me what kind of ride Forbidden Journey is, roller coaster, simulator etc?? My daughter has recently been watching the Harry Potter films and loving them so im thinking she might like this ride when we go in August. However she really doesn't like roller coasters or anything with a big drop so i'd like to find out a little more before we go. She seems to be fine with simulators, she likes Spiderman, loves The Simpsons & Jimmy Neutron. Thanks:)

Mr Bill

My ten year old cousin went on it and loved it, it's a little more intense than Spiderman but I think she'd probably be okay. There's a good bit of movement, but no big drops or anything.

The closest ride to compare it to is probably Spiderman, it's a combination of a moving ride vehicle/simulator with real props and video screens. The vehicle is attached to a robotic arm so there's a much larger range of motion than in Spiderman, though.

MightyGitis

Not particularly, i think she could handle spiders, its big drops that she hates.

Then she should be fine. It is not a fast moving coaster, you hardly notice the up and down motion in the simulation. I asked about spiders because there is an intense face to face interaction with Aragog.

tizzo

I have not ridden myself, but I've heard it described as a robot-arm simulator (like Sum of All Thrills in Epcot) mounted on a roller coaster track.

eastTNmom

My 6 year old hates roller coasters & drops, but loved the Forbidden Journey. He wanted to ride mulitple times. However, my 8 year old is a thrill junkie, and was not impressed. He loves Harry Potter, but thought the ride was "ok". :shrug:

britlightyear

There are a couple scary parts like when a dragon AA breathes fire at you and then another part with dementor AAs. The dementor part kind of freaked out my 7 year old but not so much that he didn't want to ride it again. I would be more worried about those parts than the ride movement which is not bad at all.

JT3000

I have not ridden myself, but I've heard it described as a robot-arm simulator (like Sum of All Thrills in Epcot) mounted on a roller coaster track.

There's no roller coaster track. It's a regular dark ride track. Kuka has a RoboCoaster model that utilizes coaster track, but that's not the model Universal bought.

Rowdy

Sounds great, i think she should be fine on this. Thanks for all the help everyone:)

I don't know if I'm too late, but...

The FJ ride, is a lot like Sum of All Thrills in Innoventions as far as ride vehicle. The exception being that FJ is open where SoAT is closed and a screen is in your face. FJ also moves along a track, but pretty much, this is the closest thing to FJ. As said above, no drops, just acceleration and then the movements in the video that follows...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXzsVAKIszM

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom