Forbes.com Article

goofyguy

Original Poster
I found this article on Forbes.com about Disney Technology. I have to say, while I am concerned about privacy issues in general, some of this stuff sounds pretty cool to me. Here's a bit of the article, followed by the link:

<b>
If you value your privacy, a trip to a Disney theme park in the not-too-distant future may be an unnerving experience. Digital cameras disguised as lampposts will be scattered throughout the park. If you click on a handheld remote control, the lampposts will snap your picture as you wander around, then deliver the photos over the internet to your computer, from which you can order coffee mugs, T shirts or whatever emblazoned with whichever of them you prefer.

As your child approaches a costumed Disney character, she squeals in delight (or runs away) as the character greets her by name. The person inside the costume was tipped off to your family's identity by chips embedded in your souvenir autograph book. Then, as she passes attractions and other sights, the Mickey Mouse wristband you bought for her squeaks out various fun facts, enabling her to lead her family around like a tour guide. Just when you think you're safe at home, the wristband springs to life again triggered by infrared prompts from Disney TV programs.
</b>

http://www.forbes.com/global/2002/0610/056.html

Cyberacer

that would be awesome! except with the whole picture thing can't any nutcase get your picture sent to their house?:lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom