For those who've tested Fastpass+: what strategy did you use and for what attractions?

Weather_Lady

Original Poster
I was just wondering, for those who have tested Fastpass+ -- what three attractions did you choose in each park for your Fastpass+? When in the day did you schedule them for, and how much time did each one save you (over what you'd have spent in a standby line)? Did you have to use paper Fastpasses as well in order to save time in long lines (I'll define "long" as any line 20 minutes or longer), or was your Fastpass+ allotment enough for you? If you had it to do over again and your primary goal was to save yourself time in standby lines, what would you have done differently to increase your touring efficiency?

Becky

I was just wondering, for those who have tested Fastpass+ -- what three attractions did you choose in each park for your Fastpass+? When in the day did you schedule them for, and how much time did each one save you (over what you'd have spent in a standby line)? Did you have to use paper Fastpasses as well in order to save time in long lines (I'll define "long" as any line 20 minutes or longer), or was your Fastpass+ allotment enough for you? If you had it to do over again and your primary goal was to save yourself time in standby lines, what would you have done differently to increase your touring efficiency?

Let me start by saying I liked the old days when there was NO FP at all and therefore everyone was equal and you didn't have to plan your whole day. With that said FP+ was nice in that you did not have to run to FP machines and hope there were FP's left or that the times were good. It was also nice that we could book the FP+ for afternoons and or evenings and get paper FP's for the mornings/early afternoons. Most of the time FP+ saved time but there were ocassions when the stand-by lines were short and our FP+ was waisted. It was also nice to book the MK parade and Illuminations reserved areas. We are going again in November. We were able to book FP+. However there were fewer choices than there were in August. Finally when the FP+ is rolled out to everyone there will not be paper fast passes and one will HAVE to book FP+ or be in very long stand-by lines. Also once everyone is able to use FP+ one will not always get their choices as there will be thousands of people using FP+.

Bairstow

I was just wondering, for those who have tested Fastpass+ -- what three attractions did you choose in each park for your Fastpass+?

The obvious ones. All the Mountains, Rockin, Tower, Everset, Safari, Soarin, Midway Mania, etc.

However, we were going to the Magic Kingdom for 2 days, so the second day of our visit we used FP+ on the queues we found the most annoying, so Pooh, Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, and Dumbo.

When in the day did you schedule them for, and how much time did each one save you (over what you'd have spent in a standby line)?

We tried to schedule our times during the early afternoon, when crowds were the worst.
Since we visited WDW in early September, the crowds at all the parks we visited were very, very low. A lot of times we would show up for our FP+ return time at something like Big Thunder or Tower of Terror and find that the standby line was virtually non-existent. Splash Mountain, however, saved us about 30 minutes, and at least 45 on Midway Mania.

Did you have to use paper Fastpasses as well in order to save time in long lines (I'll define "long" as any line 20 minutes or longer), or was your Fastpass+ allotment enough for you?

A bit of both. We did get paper fastpasses, mostly just to see if it would work, but a lot of times we didn't end up needing to use them. We'd get to an attraction, say Splash, get a paper fast pass, use our FP+ reservation, and then not want to hang out for another 30 minutes for the paper fast pass to go active. I ended up coming back with a bunch of paper fastpasses we didn't use.

If you had it to do over again and your primary goal was to save yourself time in standby lines, what would you have done differently to increase your touring efficiency?

Probably not. We "power park-ed" it pretty hard.
Given that we were there during a super low-season FP+ and paper fastpasses was total overkill.

Is Fastpass+ only for hotel guests?

Currently.
It remains to be seen what system(s) will be in place after full implementation.

Figaro928

with two young kids the FP+ for Belle's Enchanted thingy were priceless...

Also - my biggest tip would be to either write down the times or plug them into a digital calendar on your phone. relying on the App to check the times was a PAIN.

G00fyDad

Our plans are:

Friday, October 11, 2013
Disney's All-Star Movies Resort – Check In
Downtown Disney
T-Rex Lunch - 1:30 PM

Saturday, October 12, 2013
Chef Mickey's Fun Time Buffet Breakfast – 7:00 AM
Magic Kingdom
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad – 1:45 PM to 2:45 PM
Splash Mountain – 2:45 PM to 3:45 PM
Space Mountain – 3:45 PM to 4:45 PM

Sunday, October 13, 2013
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Expedition Everest – 9:00 AM to 10:00 AM
Kali River Rapids – 10:20 AM to 11:20 AM
Kilimanjaro Safaris – 11:55 AM to 12:55 PM

Monday, October 14, 2013
Disney's Hollywood Studios
Toy Story Midway Mania! – 9:00 AM to 10:00 AM
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror – 10:35 AM to 11:35 AM
Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Lunch – 11:35 AM
Lights, Motors, Action! – 12:50 PM to 1:10 PM
Be Our Guest Dinner – 5:20 PM
MNSSHP – 7:00 PM to Midnight

Tuesday, October 15, 2013
Epcot
Meet Disney Pals at the Epcot Character Spot – 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM
Test Track – 11:40 AM to 12:40 PM
Soarin' – 1:20 PM to 2:20 PM

Wednesday, October 16, 2013
Magic Kingdom
"it's a small world" – 10:10 AM to 11:10 AM
Haunted Mansion – 11:15 AM to 12:15 PM
Jungle Cruise – 12:45 PM to 1:45 PM
Be Our Guest Dinner – 4:20 PM

Thursday, October 17, 2013
Clearwater Beach
(No FP's)

Friday, October 18, 2013
Disney's Hollywood Studios
Star Tours® - The Adventures Continue – 3:40 PM to 4:40 PM
Toy Story Midway Mania! – 5:15 PM to 6:15 PM
Fantasmic! – 6:55 PM to 7:15 PM

Saturday, October 19, 2013
Magic Kingdom
Enchanted Tales with Belle – 9:10 AM to 10:10 AM
Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid – 10:45 AM to 11:45 AM
Pirates of the Caribbean® – 12:15 PM to 1:15 PM

Sunday, October 20, 2013
Disney's All-Star Movies Resort – Check Out

Figaro928

@G00fyDad sounds great - but on your MK days IASM and JOTLM will probably be walk ons, right? if you like going on them , my suggestion is double up on the Mountains. Have fun!!!!!!

G00fyDad

@G00fyDad sounds great - but on your MK days IASM and JOTLM will probably be walk ons, right? if you like going on them , my suggestion is double up on the Mountains. Have fun!!!!!!

I chose those because it seems like the past few years we have had to wait about 15 on IaSM. I know, 15 minutes seems like a dream to many who go in the summer, but having a FP for it makes the wait turn into a walk on.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Since it's still testing it's seems like it is pretty easy to switch FP+ for your phone as need right now. If you show up and it's a walk on just switch your FP+ to something else. The FP+ can be changed until you scan in or the park closes.

zimm_18

I had a question.... I recently picked some fast pass + options for our trip. For Disney Studios, Am I reading it correctly that Fantasmic is an option? If so, how is the seating? Or is it on the list to just help plan your trip? Thanks in advance!!

G00fyDad

I had a question.... I recently picked some fast pass + options for our trip. For Disney Studios, Am I reading it correctly that Fantasmic is an option? If so, how is the seating? Or is it on the list to just help plan your trip? Thanks in advance!!

It is an option. The FP allows you to go into the auditorium sooner than standby and get seated quickly. Just be aware, there is no FP for getting the h**l outta there when its over. ;)

disneypearl

Can you pick the same attraction more than once for the one day using fastpass+? I believe you can pick 3 attractions at the same park but do they have to be different?

G00fyDad

You can only pick the attraction once. It would be nice if you could pick Space Mountain twice and then to Splash Mountain but you can't do that.

Figaro928

...otherwise people would just pick Midway Mania 3 times over.
SO wanted to do this. .. WE even tried to switch around passes - blocked every way

HOWEVER - what you still can do is if you have a KTTK card you can still get a FP ticket. So what we ended up doing was got a FP ticket immediately with the KTTK. Went and rode on Standbye. then used FP+ . . worked like a charm

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom