For those who live within shouting distance of the kingdom.

bgraham34

Original Poster
I was just wondering for those people who live really close to the Magic Kingdom do you ever just go in for an hour just to get something to eat or to ride your favorite ride.

Horizons1

Yes, its nice to be there and just go at a leisurely pace. Sometimes I will just go up in the evening to do a ride or two and watch Wishes and then head back. Or when I dont feel like going to a park, I will just go wander around the resorts. You can usually find me sitting in a rocker at Pioneer Hall in Fort Wilderness.

kal1484

I personally wouldn't just because it takes to much to get from the parking lot to where you were going, we would however go for dinner.

e4ymod

I wouldn't say that it's within shouting distance, but I'm about a 3 hour drive away. Sometimes, I go up to WDW for a day just because I'm in the mood.

MissM

I know a guy who lives in Celebration who does that kind of thing. He's an AP holder so there's no cost to head over there for an hour or two. I think that'd be fun.

When we were AP holders, we'd head out later when we went out. Instead of leaving here at like 8ish to be there early, some days we wouldn't bother leaving the house until noon and spend the afternoon/evening out there. It's nice not to have to rush and do-do-do everything because you know you'll just come back and hit it in another couple weeks.

I can't wait to be a Passholder again. :)
-m

everestcrash

yes we do that

Yes I only live about 10min away and I go to the parks sometimes just to buy a Mickey Bar and ride splash mt and then leave. Just cause I go so often I dont have to spend all day there! YEAH!!

Epcot82Guy

When I lived near there (10 min. drive), we would go all the time to do that. If we went for rides, we would stay a few hours, but we would go for a meal quite often (and usually stay for the nightly show).

csm7030

We used to live in Celebration and still have AP's. We used to go all the time to ride on ride, walk around a little bit, and grab lunch or dinner. We would did this at least once or twice a week. The WS at Epcot is perfect for walking around, having a drink, getting something to eat, and enjoying something like the British Invasion or Off Kilter. Boy, do I miss those days - so laid back. Now when we go, it seems like we are trying to do everything all at once.

Kadee

Oh, how I wish I lived near WDW!!! My brother-in-law lives only a half hour away and never goes. My husband and I are seriously thinking about retiring there, but retirement is a long time away.....we are both in our 30's. I guess we are just going to have to move!

I would love to be able to just go into any park for lunch, a ride or two or just the fireworks.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
OK, I officially hate people who live within "shouting distance"! :fork:

OK, I'm just really jealous and dislike you all somewhat! :zipit:

OK, I really, really want to marry one of you [preferably a female one of you!*] to get American citizenship and live there too! :kiss:

* Hopefully a good looking, somewhat younger than myself, tolerant of my really very cute and well-behaved DS10, heterosexual female one of you! :lookaroun

Um... Nevermind, I'll just crawl into a hole somewhere here... Whenever the snow melts! :lol:

bgraham34

Original Poster
I think that is so great and I envy you all. I for one would love to be able to do that anytime i want. And especially Christmas time I would go everynight.

banimall

Out of curiosity, the people that lived in Celebration and left, why did you leave. Also, does anyone know if that community is built out and what the houses are going for?

orlandorealtor

bgraham34 said:
I was just wondering for those people who live really close to the Magic Kingdom do you ever just go in for an hour just to get something to eat or to ride your favorite ride.

I'm not usually there for more than a few hours, unless I'm entertaining the all too common out of town guest.

I'm only 45 minutes away,and still I want to be closer.We are building a house in celebration.You could buy a small house starting about $500,000.

welovewdw

omigosh, you guys are so lucky!!! my husband and i plan (let me make that "are" moving as soon as he finds a job down there. we cannot wait!! it has been our dream. hopefully with determination and prayers, we'll make it soon. we are in our 20s, so we figure we should try it before we have kids. maybe i'll see you all down there someday:wave: :sohappy:

csm7030

banimall said:
Out of curiosity, the people that lived in Celebration and left, why did you leave. Also, does anyone know if that community is built out and what the houses are going for?

I work for the federal gov't and had to move to the DC area. I currently live in Northern Virginia and the price of homes is outrageous. Homes in Celebration were expensive by Central Florida standards, but cheap compared to the Washington DC metro area. I don't know what the current status of new construction in Celebration is, but when we were living there a few years ago it was almost maxed out. The more they built, they were getting further and further away from "downtown".

MissM

Well put it this way. In even a nice area (sans beachfront which automatically triples price) around here in the Tampa Bay Area for $500,000 you could buy like a 3,000-5,000+ square foot 3-5+ bedroom house. So half a mil is an ungodly amount of money for around central/west-central Florida home.

A few examples... 5 bedroom/12,000 (!) sq ft. $550,000 or 2/2.5/2 waterfront, pool, 1/2 acre $514,000

So...yeah. Most standard homes in general communities should run you more in the $150-250K ish range. (Though prices keep going up! up! up!)
-m

Tom

Beta Return
MissM said:
Well put it this way. In even a nice area (sans beachfront which automatically triples price) around here in the Tampa Bay Area for $500,000 you could buy like a 3,000-5,000+ square foot 3-5+ bedroom house. So half a mil is an ungodly amount of money for around central/west-central Florida home.

A few examples... 5 bedroom/12,000 (!) sq ft. $550,000 or 2/2.5/2 waterfront, pool, 1/2 acre $514,000

So...yeah. Most standard homes in general communities should run you more in the $150-250K ish range. (Though prices keep going up! up! up!)
-m

Wow, I like central Indiana! My new 2200sf, 2-story house with 2.5 bath, 3 bed, sunroom, etc on .3 acres was $168,000 in September. I'd kill to live in celebration, but that's YEARS away, if ever.

peter11435

I live about 1 mile from WDW. I often go into the parks just to grab something to eat or even just to walk around for an hour.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom