For those who live within shouting distance of the kingdom.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
pluto77 said:
:lol: That just make me laugh at the thought of doing homework at the Magic Kingdom.

I also love the strawberry swirls, and the citrus swirls.
I've written papers in all 4 parks, and the best grades I've gotten came from papers written in Frontierland strange enough.

People do look at you funny if you pull out a laptop in the middle of the parks. People look even funnier if you're online (using my cellphone as a dialup modem).

Legacy

mkt said:
I've written papers in all 4 parks, and the best grades I've gotten came from papers written in Frontierland strange enough.

People do look at you funny if you pull out a laptop in the middle of the parks. People look even funnier if you're online (using my cellphone as a dialup modem).
That's when I knew I was going too often.

When I started treating it like a mall instead of Disney.

It is fun to do though.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Legacy said:
That's when I knew I was going too often.

When I started treating it like a mall instead of Disney.

It is fun to do though.
It's the nicest mall on earth

peter11435

jdvm said:
OK, just what are these Figaro fries? I thought I'd had every unhealthy thing on property?!
Fries covered in melted cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomato and mayo. Sounds strange but they really are great, but really bad for you.

jdvm

Actually sounds good.....but seriously fattening. In general, I've found that just about anything that tastes good is bad for you!! Thanks for the info. I'll definitely give them a try....or at least get my kids to.

mom2of2

I live really close too and can hear the fireworks going off at night as well as see the lights from DTD.
It's great to hop over to a park and people watch which I do often. I also bank across the street from DTD so that's always a good reason to stop in at DTD and get a mocha cap from Ghiradelli's

kal1484

WDWEric said:
It would be cool to live so close, but doesn't it detract from the magic going so often?

VERY much! It's like, eating your fav. food over and over. After a while, it's not special. Now that I live 1 1/2 away, I enjoy the magic a lot more!!!

csm7030

Not for me! While it is not quite the same as arriving from out of town for an extended stay, I still sort would get that special feeling as soon as I entered Disney property.

peter11435

Even though I visit the parks nearly everyday it is still very special. The magic is still there just as strong as ever, every time I enter a park. The only thing I miss is that great feeling when you first check-in but at least now I never have to check-out.

Brian_B

bgraham34 said:
I was just wondering for those people who live really close to the Magic Kingdom do you ever just go in for an hour just to get something to eat or to ride your favorite ride.

my favorite activities on those quiet lazy days when I find myself alone in the parks include:

1. Sitting on a rocking chair outside of the Liberty Tree Tavern...I think that's what it's called, if I'm wrong someone will undoubtedly point it out...eating popcorn and just watching people walk by.

2. Sitting near a specific planter in future world near communicore (I refuse to call it anything else) across from the Land pavilion, watching people get tricked by the talking fountain (although the last time I was there it didn't talk :( )

3. Riding the TTA over and over and over and over and over and over and over for hours.

4. eating a nice big meal at cosmic ray's and sitting at a small table near the water for hours, enjoying a nice view of the castle.

PintoColvig

My favorite spot to relax and people watch is by Miss Polly's on Tom Sawyer Island during off-season. Plenty of vacant rocking chairs are available with a wonderful view of Liberty Square (inc. HM) and most of Frontierland. :)

jeffb

Brian_B said:
my favorite activities on those quiet lazy days when I find myself alone in the parks include:

3. Riding the TTA over and over and over and over and over and over and over for hours.

4. eating a nice big meal at cosmic ray's and sitting at a small table near the water for hours, enjoying a nice view of the castle.

I could not think of 2 better ways to spend an afternoon!

♥hedley♥

I live in Canada, but this year my dad decide to get annual passes so we could ride everest and go twice in one year. We went in january and going again in november. If they build a nigara disneyland we can go two other places.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom