For those who live within shouting distance of the kingdom.

wdwishes2005

joeyjoe92979 said:
I wasn't implying that, it was merely an example. What I was getting at was the increased stress level in our department (and I know it is the hardest due to the fact that we don't stop under any condition except lighting and hurricanes) makes you not want to spend anymore time in the place where that stress is created.
I see. what is ODF?

PBarton

Wow, you local's don't know how lucky you are! :wave:

We live about 8 1/2 hours away by plane but would love to live "on the doorstep"

One day....

NASAMan

PBarton said:

We live about 8 1/2 hours away by plane but would love to live "on the doorstep"

One day....

Can't speak for everyone, but for me and my family, we never forget the grace by which we have had access to WDW. From my aunt who retired after 28 years, to my parents retiring and moving down to work at Disney Institute, to my daughter in Entertainment for the last 5 years and now my son and I working part time (he on Space Mountain and me in Entertainment), we have never lacked access to the parks. We showed our appreciation by never disrespecting the effort of those who 'signed' us in, often meeting them in the morning at the start of thier shift, buying dinner in the park for them after they clocked out, and staying until the fireworks - and ALWAYS watching the parades they performed in or sets they did.

Again, I recognize the incredible opportunity we are fortunate to have. As some have already mentioned, this leads to a slower pace in the park, taking time to 'smell the roses' (and we often do just that!) I don't know how many times I was mistaken for a CM (we often wore thoe 'special guest'name tags) and with pleasure did my best to help. Now that I am a CM, I can't talk to people (if you know what I mean ;) ) but still enjoy walking and talking with guests when off duty.

To those wishing they lived closer, take a few minutes to look around and see the magic in your own 'kingdom' that make it special and unique. And remember that being 'Disney' is a state of mind and heart. It can be with you anytime, anywhere. Always smile. Treat others as royalty. Give your best performance.

There are large signs welcoming you to Walt Disney World. But they do not say "You are leaving WDW" on the back. That is because, once you become a citizen of the Magic Kingdom, you will forever live in Walt Disney WORLD!

DisneyrazZ

I go to Disney World pretty much every weekend :D I love it! It's fun to go just to ride 1 or 2 rides at times...can never say I don't have anything to do!

-=DisneyrazZ=-

Sledge

Account Suspended
I really want to move out there within the next year. It's my dream to be out there working for Disney. I really don't care about what it is exactly. I just have a great passion for Disney and would jump at any opportunity they gave me. The only problem is I'll be 20 next month and I'm scared to death of being out of my own away from all my friends and family. I'm not sure if I could handle it or not. :cry: It's still my dream though. Hopefully it becomes a reality and I CAN do it.

kal1484

Sledge said:
The only problem is I'll be 20 next month and I'm scared to death of being out of my own away from all my friends and family. I'm not sure if I could handle it or not. :cry: It's still my dream though. Hopefully it becomes a reality and I CAN do it.

I did it, it's not to bad. Although I do go home 2/3 times a year for various things...

MommytoMJM

PBarton said:

I totally know how lucky I am, it cool to be able to live so clse and I truly hope I never take it for granted :) I still love watching Wishes every night and waking up to the train every morning.

jdvm

It IS nice to have the parks just a few minutes away. On several occasions, I've needed a break, had writer's block, etc. and have taken a notebook, gone to the Magic Kingdom and gotten a lot of work done at one of the tables outside the Enchanted Grove....the strawberry swirls aren't bad either!!

peter11435

jdvm said:
the strawberry swirls aren't bad either!!

I prefer the Citrus swirls myself. In fact I went to MK yesterday afternoon just to get a citrus swirl. I went to MK again tonight just for an order of Figaro Fries and Wishes!. Its great living next door to WDW.

Valawen9

Sledge said:
I really want to move out there within the next year. It's my dream to be out there working for Disney. I really don't care about what it is exactly. I just have a great passion for Disney and would jump at any opportunity they gave me. The only problem is I'll be 20 next month and I'm scared to death of being out of my own away from all my friends and family. I'm not sure if I could handle it or not. :cry: It's still my dream though. Hopefully it becomes a reality and I CAN do it.

You'll be fine Jason. :)

pluto77

jdvm said:
It IS nice to have the parks just a few minutes away. On several occasions, I've needed a break, had writer's block, etc. and have taken a notebook, gone to the Magic Kingdom and gotten a lot of work done at one of the tables outside the Enchanted Grove....the strawberry swirls aren't bad either!!
:lol: That just make me laugh at the thought of doing homework at the Magic Kingdom.

I also love the strawberry swirls, and the citrus swirls.

Enderikari

pluto77 said:
:lol: That just make me laugh at the thought of doing homework at the Magic Kingdom.

Back when I was putting some finishing touches on a college degree, I had to submit papers and reports from WDW to my college. I ended up grabbing a bench in Fantasyland with my little notebook and would write the reports right there.. Best assignments of my life.

kal1484

pluto77 said:

On my 20th b-day I sat waiting for SADCT doing my US History Homework...some mom goes "look how good she is, doing homework while at disney" didn't mention that I worked there and was bored outta my mind waiting for someone to get off work...

Legacy

Sledge said:
Cell phones work wonders.

rainfully

peter11435 said:
I like it too, but its just too darn crowded most of the time. Thats why I have grown to like World Showcase and Hollywood/Sunset Blvd at night. The atmosphere is great and there is far less people.

But... but... there's no pretty castle.

I'm pretty big on the pretty castle.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom