For those who live within shouting distance of the kingdom.

TarzanRocked99-

all the time, that makes it so much better when you don't have to cram everything in at one time. Plus if it is crowded you can just skip something. It makes seeing the less popular attractions much more of a regular occurance.

dixiegirl

MommytoMJM said:
We went for three hours today, I love being able to do that, we were there from 1-4

Oh, and I can see Wishes from my place, hear the train and hear Spectro, I love it!

oh so very jealous!! My hubby would love being able to see wishes every nite..and from your house to boot ,very cool...I tried telling him he'd look great in purple..(as a disney bus driver) while I 'd make a dam good buterfly in the spectromagic parade..hay I'd settle for being a turkey leg lady...........sadly he won't buy it:cry: :cry:

oh joy..we are under 200 days to go.
197 till my magical fix!!

dazzer68

sorceresssamara said:
my uncle lives right by the cast member back entrance and literally shouting distance of MK. You can hear the train! He says at night he sits out in his yard and watches "Wishes." yup I hate him and think I'm moving in! Better then being in CT.

that doesnt sound to pleaseant living by the cast members back entrance not my kind of desres!

Lee

Adventurer
e4ymod said:
I wouldn't say that it's within shouting distance, but I'm about a 3 hour drive away. Sometimes, I go up to WDW for a day just because I'm in the mood.

Yep. Me too.

Pr1nce55

It must be nice to just stop by and go on a couple of rides or grab something to eat. To have WDW at your disposal is really something else. I can't imagine! I would be there all the time...especially the world the way it is...it's nice to just escape for a little while to something that is safe and happy.

PintoColvig

joeyjoe92979 said:
How many times have we gone and then decided we were bored, didn't do anything and then just went home.

To be honest with everyone...when you are a CM you don't care to spend to much time in the place you work on your days off, at least that is my opinion

I don't mean this to be disrespectful in any way (so please don't take it that way), I'm just being curious here. But, if you wouldn't want to spend your time off in the place where you work, why would you want to spend it on a website that is dedicated to the place where you work? :veryconfu
Again, no insult intended here.

bgraham34

Original Poster
icorsix said:
I don't mean this to be disrespectful in any way (so please don't take it that way), I'm just being curious here. But, if you wouldn't want to spend your time off in the place where you work, why would you want to spend it on a website that is dedicated to the place where you work? :veryconfu

Interesting. Good Point.

MommytoMJM

joeyjoe92979 said:
To be honest with everyone...when you are a CM you don't care to spend to much time in the place you work on your days off, at least that is my opinion

Most of the CM's I know really like to do the parks on their off days, we often have them show up to play with us...

rainfully

I go whenever the mood strikes. Sometimes just for an hour. I love to just walk in, grab something sweet from the confectionary or an ice cream, and sit on a bench and just people watch.

And Main Street at night is still my favorite place in the whole world.

peter11435

rainfully said:
And Main Street at night is still my favorite place in the whole world.

I like it too, but its just too darn crowded most of the time. Thats why I have grown to like World Showcase and Hollywood/Sunset Blvd at night. The atmosphere is great and there is far less people.

pluto77

joeyjoe92979 said:

I'm just going to disagree with you. :D I used to be a CP and I'm going back this summer to work seasonally, and I still enjoyed going to the parks.I don't know about you, but they never let me ride Splash Mountain while I was working. :lol: :lookaroun

I had a lot of friends who liked going too, even by themselves. I went by myself a few times, but I didn't usually ride many of the rides by myself. I mean, I wouldn't say we would spend every minute of our time off there, but it was still enjoyable to go. Working there never really spoiled the magic for me. My favorite thing to do by myself was to go to AK and explore all of the animal exhibits. That way I can spend as much time as I want without being rushed by other people since I like animals so much.

wdwishes2005

bgraham34 said:
Here is another question. For those who just pop in often enough, do any Cast Members know you by name.
heck, I live several hundred miles away and some CMs know me by name, or recognize me.

kal1484

icorsix said:

Doesn't work there anymore. :wave:

And it's just after almost 2 years, you get tired of it....but mainly just the park we were in: MK...

Also, we worked in ODF, which is ALL around the park. So wherever in the park you go, you are reminded of work, see someone you know, etc...
Epcot/MGM/AK were different stories.

kaylasmom

Built in 1999: 3 bdrm 2 bath 1333 sq ft, new a/c in 2005, new appliances, new exterior paint, 6ft privacy fence around large backyard, tile floor except in bedrooms. All this and more for $210,000. House listed on the MLS.

Just in case you're interested! ;)

wdwishes2005

joeyjoe92979 said:
Spending time on this website as a far cry from being in the parks.

My work week consist of over 80 hours, and sometimes doing a 30 hour shift. The majority of my friends from work feel the same. Our job is nowhere near a stupid as pushing a button on a ride control console. We deal with a lot of high pace stress.

After a full day of work in ODF you really don't want to spend your nights or days off in the parks...it's just not relaxing.
I really hope you don't think that is all you do......

theRIOT

HaHa.
I can beat all of these stories even though it was kinda sad at the time.

I actualy lived in Walt Disney World.

See, I was in Sorrento (an hour north) staying with friends. Their landlord found out and out I had to go, just about 2 weeks before I was to move into my new place.
So I spent those 2 weeks living in my truck in the DTD parking lot under a tree with a nice view of the Team Disney building to my left and the bright glow of of the Westside in my rearview mirror.

Man, those bike security guards give me the starngest looks when they asked me why I was there at 3 a.m. sleeping.

Looking back it's not as bad as it seemed. Plus it makes for an interesting story to tell people of my time working for the mouse.

Anybody got a good story to tell ?

irv out.

Pongo

I live about an hour away. I wish I was closer, but sometimes if I find out that I have an open weekend, I'll bust on over there. It's a lot easier now that I have an AP too.

I love it. I'm going to MGM on Saturday just so I can see One Man's Dream :lol:

bgraham34

Original Poster
theRIOT said:
HaHa.
I can beat all of these stories even though it was kinda sad at the time.

I actualy lived in Walt Disney World.

See, I was in Sorrento (an hour north) staying with friends. Their landlord found out and out I had to go, just about 2 weeks before I was to move into my new place.
So I spent those 2 weeks living in my truck in the DTD parking lot under a tree with a nice view of the Team Disney building to my left and the bright glow of of the Westside in my rearview mirror.

Man, those bike security guards give me the starngest looks when they asked me why I was there at 3 a.m. sleeping.

Looking back it's not as bad as it seemed. Plus it makes for an interesting story to tell people of my time working for the mouse.

Anybody got a good story to tell ?

irv out.

Cool story

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom