For those who live within shouting distance of the kingdom.

MommytoMJM

bgraham34 said:
I was just wondering for those people who live really close to the Magic Kingdom do you ever just go in for an hour just to get something to eat or to ride your favorite ride.

We went for three hours today, I love being able to do that, we were there from 1-4

Oh, and I can see Wishes from my place, hear the train and hear Spectro, I love it!

Tom

Beta Return
MommytoMJM said:
We went for three hours today, I love being able to do that, we were there from 1-4

Oh, and I can see Wishes from my place, hear the train and hear Spectro, I love it!

WOW Mommy, you DO live close if you can hear/see all those things. Are you just north of property then?

mkepcotmgmak

i know as a CP i went, and so did friends, all the time for an hour, two hours, or ten minutes!

jonnie - remember those streetmo days!?
haha.

sometimes we would go the mk just to grab a dole whip, then head to another park and people watch...
*sigh* i can't wait to get back!

spacemtnfanatic

As awesome as it sounds....part of the Disney experience is immersing myself in the magic for a full week. We have season passes to Geauga Lake and Cedar Point here in Ohio, and do the aformentioned things (stay for 2 hours, ride a favorite ride, and head out) and the parks definately have lost that appeal a bit. While 1 week in Disney per year is nowhere close to being enough for me, living 5 miles away I feel would eventually take away some of the magic.

This from the person who's dream it is to move to Orlando and become an AP holder :p Contradiction much? haha!!!!!

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
banimall said:
Out of curiosity, the people that lived in Celebration and left, why did you leave. Also, does anyone know if that community is built out and what the houses are going for?
Lived there, hated it... going back to visit, but not to live

mkt

Premium Member
Alrighty... I live in Windermere, which is just north of WDW. And yes, I go to WDW when the wind blows... sometimes for no reason other than I was bored

sorceresssamara

my uncle lives right by the cast member back entrance and literally shouting distance of MK. You can hear the train! He says at night he sits out in his yard and watches "Wishes." yup I hate him and think I'm moving in! Better then being in CT.

mkt

Premium Member
It just wasn't for me... it felt very artificial and somewhat creepy. I prefer Key Biscayne, FL to Celebration 100 times over.

Main Street Jim

I can see Wishes one way from my place...see Illuminations the other way...and see the Pleasure Island fireworks to the east (when they had them). I can hear the train whistles...I can hear the race cars over at the Speedway (the BIG track for RPDE, not Tomorrowland...LOL), and a GOOD clear night, I can hear the music for Spectro and Illuminations as well. I live about eight minutes away driving time, maybe four miles from MK straight shot; *three miles* driving to Epcot and about 5 to Studios, and about eight to AK. I live right off of SR 535; Port Orleans Riverside is about three blocks from here (yep...walking distance). :sohappy::sohappy:

mkepcotmgmak

spacemtnfanatic said:
living 5 miles away I feel would eventually take away some of the magic.

it gives you a great time to find hidden, and 'new-to-you' magic. you can also create magic, because i know for me, and a lot of my cm/cp friends, on our days off, we still acted like "on-the-clock" cms, and helped Guests... :)

Dragonrider1227

Horizons1 said:
Yes, its nice to be there and just go at a leisurely pace. Sometimes I will just go up in the evening to do a ride or two and watch Wishes and then head back. Or when I dont feel like going to a park, I will just go wander around the resorts. You can usually find me sitting in a rocker at Pioneer Hall in Fort Wilderness.
:cry: I wish I could do that.

MommytoMJM

sorceresssamara said:
my uncle lives right by the cast member back entrance and literally shouting distance of MK. You can hear the train! He says at night he sits out in his yard and watches "Wishes." yup I hate him and think I'm moving in! Better then being in CT.

He must live in BVP like me!

WendyDarling

bgraham34 said:
I was just wondering for those people who live really close to the Magic Kingdom do you ever just go in for an hour just to get something to eat or to ride your favorite ride.

I am planning on Figaro fries for lunch tomorrow. I don't think I will stay much longer, I guess it will depend on the amount of guests that are there tomorrow.

bgraham34

Original Poster
Here is another question. For those who just pop in often enough, do any Cast Members know you by name.

kaylasmom

I live close and I go all the time. While I was pregnant, I went every single day for the last two weeks of my pregnancy to try and "walk" the baby out. (Didn't work, ended up having a C-Section because she didn't want to come out). Now that the baby is here, I take her with me a few times a week. The Baby Care Centers are awesome, and I don't have a bit of trouble getting her in and out of the park.

My 3 1/2 month old daughter has already been on TTA (I still call it the Peoplemover), Haunted Mansion, Pooh, Carousel of Progress, and Buzz Lightyear. She did great on all of them!

We are selling our house though, and moving up towards Ocala, so I won't be able to go as much as I do now. I will miss having that perk, but I won't miss the traffic. Anybody want to buy a house??? With Hurricane Shutters??? :)

MommytoMJM

bgraham34 said:
Here is another question. For those who just pop in often enough, do any Cast Members know you by name.

Several hundred know us by name... even ones we have never met come up to us and know MJ. Word travels fast there!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom