For those who go to WDW solo, do you try to find romance there?

durangojim

Original Poster
I'm just curious as I've never been to WDW solo, but I know a lot of members do. When you're there do you try to find someone to share part of the trip with, like inviting a member of the opposite ______ to dinner or a drink, or are you just focused on enjoying the rides and experiences by yourself? Not passing judgement, just curious.

gspin2k1

I think Disney World would be a great place to take a date or someone you're interested in to share the magic with. But as far as meeting someone there, yeah probably not the best location. Since it's mainly for families and kids. MOst people dont' want to be well.."hit on" at WDW. And even as a first date, it could be taken the wrong way..that's just my 2 cents.

~G

Mad Stitch

PI would have been a good place to find singles but now that it is closed I don't know where you would go. Look for people drinking in World Showcase maybe? :shrug:

SeaBreeze

PI would have been a good place to find singles but now that it is closed I don't know where you would go. Look for people in drinking in World Showcase maybe? :shrug:

Oh boy. That's trouble. I know people who have done this...and have vague recollections of it (or are just saying so due to photographic evidence) It seems to have the "what happens drinking around the world, stays there" attitude. Not the best way to find someone if you're seriously looking :lol:

durangojim

Original Poster
PI would have been a good place to find singles but now that it is closed I don't know where you would go. Look for people drinking in World Showcase maybe? :shrug:

I wasn't trying to give the impressions that I'm looking for pointers, I'm married and took my wife to WDW for her first trip there back in 1996. Every time I've been to the world since then has been with her. The two times I went as a single guy before that were back in 92 and 93 going with friends as a junior and senior in high school and was able to meet some cute teenage girls back then. Just trying to see what it's like for someone to go solo.

NMBC1993

I travel to WDW at least 3 times a month and I can tell you that when I am there the last thing I want to think about is trying to find a date. Over the past couple of years I have come to the conclusion that people don't really need to be with someone to be happy in life. As long as you have your friends and family you really don't need to waste your time trying to find someone out there. All I need to be happy in life is my hobbies and a quick trip to Disney every now and again. Disney makes me happy, what more do I need? Although I do wish PI was open so I could get my Kungaloosh on:(

SeaBreeze

I wasn't trying to give the impressions that I'm looking for pointers,

I don't think you gave any other impression other than curiosity :wave: I'm actually hoping someone says that they met someone at WDW because I think that'd be sweet.

But:
I travel to WDW at least 3 times a month and I can tell you that when I am there the last thing I want to think about is trying to find a date. Over the past couple of years I have come to the conclusion that people don't really need to be with someone to be happy in life. As long as you have your friends and family you really don't need to waste your time trying to find someone out there. All I need to be happy in life is my hobbies and a quick trip to Disney every now and again. Disney makes me happy, what more do I need? Although I do wish PI was open so I could get my Kungaloosh on:(

I echo those sentiments exactly :)

Pongo

I think Disney World would be a great place to take a date or someone you're interested in to share the magic with. But as far as meeting someone there, yeah probably not the best location. Since it's mainly for families and kids. MOst people dont' want to be well.."hit on" at WDW. And even as a first date, it could be taken the wrong way..that's just my 2 cents.

~G

I agree with this. I took a couple girls to WDW back in high school as a "date," but when I went solo, which I often did, I certainly wasn't looking for love.

But does that mean you CAN'T find love in a Disney park?

...Certainly. Totally possible, and I'm sure it's happened.

The Empress Lilly

I went to DLP last week, alone.

I was in Paris, and decided to hop over for a day. (Sheer bliss!)
Even though I'm single, I wasn't looking, no. A Disney park seems like the last place to meet somebody. And, secondly, I wasn't interested. I was busy seeing stuff!

I do think WDW would be a great place for single parents to meet!

The Empress Lilly

On a side note, I was very much in doubt whether to go solo or not. At first thought, it didn't sound all that appealing to me. A Disney Park feels like something that ought to be done in good company.

However, it turned out to be a wonderful experience. I can only wholeheartedly recommend it! You see and do so much, and nobody looks at you funny.

SWatsi

Depends what you mean though doesn't it. Specifically looking for a date at WDW would be strange. Now if you were alone (or with pals) and just happened to bump into someone by chance, its not so crazy.
That could be a fun story to tell.. Just not the whole.. "well, I was 'on the pull' in Tomorrowland one night when..." doesn't work.

DTM93

I don't think it would work because WDW is more families and children like people have said.
I would just stick with Match.com if you really wanted to find someone and then maybe take them to WDW. :animwink:

:)

lilclerk

I haven't, but a kid who couldn't have been more than 15 latched onto me on my solo trip to Disneyland. :lol: I was 22 at the time, and as soon as I told him how old I was, he took off saying he saw his friends.
I gotta admit, he had more guts when it came to the opposite ______ than I had at his age.

Tinkyroo

I remember one time when I was a high school teen and was at MK with my friends, we met some cute guys inside SM. But, when we got out in the daylight they were not even remotely cute after all. We quickly and nicely said we had to go. If you're looking for love in WDW do not do so in very dimly lit attractions. :lookaroun

a2grafix

On my previous (and last two) trips to WDW, I mainly was trying to "catch up" and see portions of WDW, Universal and Sea World I had not seen in a long time. At the time in October 2007 I was 14 years between visits. Before 2007, my last time at WDW was in 1993, the year of the NHL Anaheim Mighty Ducks' first year as a team and there was no Animal Kingdom.

Unfortunately both trips I was not looking for love or companionship. I was on my own time and did the things I wanted to see and do. I did meet up with a friend who lives in Florida and we spent the day at Universal.

But each trip, in 2007 and 2008, I ended my evenings at the Adventurers Club and Mannequins, and although there were a lot of people in both venues, I was not visiting Pleasure Island for a love connection. Strange, though, last summer while I was inside the AC I chatted up with some guests and cast members, and at the end of the night kissed a woman, I believe a World Showcase cast member, on both cheeks, but it was out of respect. It was just out of the blue since she was European and I'm of European heritage.

krankenstein

This is how I feel about it too. :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom