For those that have been to Star Wars Galaxy's Edge in DHS, how long did you stay?

Janir

Original Poster
As per title, how long did you feel you needed to dedicate to see everything in SWGE in DHS? 1 day? 2 days? 1 1/2 days? Just trying to figure out some my my spring trip plans and roughly what I should realistically plan on timewise. Will be doing everything including Saber and droid building. Haven't decided if we're gonna split out 2 saber builds into two separate experiences or one with but the DW and I. Two experiences leaves us with one as a guest of the other and the 2nd person the next day doesn't have the same wow experience feel of the whole thing and building your saber as the first time though will.
We only want to build 1 droid this time around and will do that together. Pretty sure we'll be building a R2 but that may be a last minute decision. I kinda want to build R2-H8U model for my gaming group, but as we;'re getting close to retiring our Rebel pilot characters anyway it may be a BB unit.
Olga's and Doc Ondars and wandering around taking it all in and hacking anything in site is also part of the plan.
By the time we go in Spring, RotR will be open so definite plans on that. (Multiple runs on SR and RotR will be on the agenda)
Ok, so I'm looking at two days in SWGE, should I coniser 2 FULL days or day and 1/2?... ( Yeah I'm hopeless I know)
Want to get a feel for what others did for their first time(s) in Batuu.

Piebald

Kind of depends on what you want to do and how busy it all is. I went one evening last week at like 7 and the park closed at 10. Immediately got in line for SR which had a posted time of 45 min but CMs in the entrance said it was an hour. It ended up being about 40 min. Then we got off and ate a ronto wrap. We walked around leisurely and contemplated going back to SR but noticed there was no line for Oga's. We went into Oga's and by the time we were "seated" and served, the park was closed. Went in around 9 and left at like 10:20.

We missed out on character interactions (saw Chewbacca and Rey from the queue, the MF was "powering up" which sounded awesome) for the most part and only browsed the shops quickly. Never saw Kylo roaming around and only caught two stormtroopers. I'd say 4-5 hours MAX is enough to shop, eat, ride and repeat.

Jones14

I’d say take every major *thing* you want to do and equate that to an hour. As an example, if you want to go to the Cantina, ride Smuggler’s Run, and explore the shops/area, then give yourself three hours.

Whatever you do, go early enough in the morning or late enough at night to see the lighting package, it’s incredible. Also, bring a charger; the app doesn’t work as well when your phone is on low power mode, so it’ll kill your battery.

PJBuckeye

In the Parks
Yes
Somehow, we were in there 5 hours during the preview. We did the following:

- SR 3 times (2 waited and 1 single rider)
- walked leisurely through the shops
- Did 5 photo Ops
- Milk stand
- Popcorn
- Docking Bay 7
- Built a Droid

The time flew by.

Janir

Original Poster
Plan an hour for each major thing to do. CHECK!
Battery backup CHECK!
Plan for a night time to be in area. DOUBLE CHECK! Want to plan out Savi's time for late int he evening so we have have the sabers at night for some photos. We'll carry them back to the resort vs resort ship that day.

matt9112

Few hours spread over three days. (Maybe 2 hours each day) this was mostly due to crowds being non existant and riding rnrc and tot more times than i have fingers.
Did SR twice. Die hard sw fan loved it rest of us were like meh. Ate breakfast at docking bay 7 and was pleasantly suprised. Did not go into cantina because we refused to wait in line to enter and overpriced glorified bar. The market was a highlight but the prices are higher than a star destroyer in orbit.

Overall alot of flash with very little substance its like a visual only version of a fast and furious car. Fancy paint and spoiler but still a little engine with no nos.

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
12:15 on Opening Day. Rode Falcon 3 times (4.5 hours right when the park opened in the full queue, 2 times in single rider); 3 photo ops; built a droid; built a lightsaber (unless you wan to film it, you can both do it at the same time - but I will say that as much as I love Disney, in the 10 trips I've made, it was the single best thing I've ever experienced that didn't involve my daughter); got milk; got Ronto Wrap; did Oga's; shopped in the marketplace; wandered around; and went to Dok Ondar's.

I think the hour-per-item works for MF, Dok Ondar's, Savi's, DD, and Oga's. The photopasses go really quickly, and the other shops are tiny and move quickly. But you could spend a whole day if you're hacking things and exploring.

Don't rush, and have a great time!

KevinPage

Went opening day at land opening at 4.45am, stayed until around Noon. Went back to hotel for a break and came back later for another 3+ hours.

Went back yesterday for a few more hours.

Ride Falcon 6x so far. Plan to go back one day and just do datapad stuff (without the kids).

durangojim

Got there at 3pm opening day and stayed until 10pm. Went back the next day for a couple of hours. Going back in November and will probably be in it around 12 hours over 4 days.

Mainahman

Bright sun's!!!

Got in the park tonight about 645 or so. Did some rides in toy story land, and then headed to Galaxy's edge about 8 ish. I built 2 droids, took some photos, and rode smugglers run single rider line by 9. Was on the bus back to pop after that. The lightning paxkage is truly amazing! I really like what I saw. I'll be back in July with more people than just the 2 of us, so I'll have to check it back out once rise is open

roj2323

2 hours last Friday. Rode the ride twice. Once in single rider and once through the normal cue.

Honestly the land just feels a little empty. The theming and costumes are great bu the north side of the land is all trees and as a result it feels unfinished.

Scrooged

If you do the Data Pad activities, you could easily spend all day in there, and I highly recommend it!

What is the upside to doing the Data pad activities? Apart from the obvious interactions witrh the stuff there is there anything else that happens/results? Are the credits just used to gain a rank within GE?

Texas84

What is the upside to doing the Data pad activities? Apart from the obvious interactions witrh the stuff there is there anything else that happens/results? Are the credits just used to gain a rank within GE?
To me it was a combo of Agent P at Epcot and the Harry Potter wand at Uni. If there is an 'upside' I'd like to know. I wasn't able to find everything that reacts and I didn't do any missions. Looking forward to doing more when it's cooler.

KikoKea

1 hour 50 min. We rode MFSR, walked around the land, found the "refreshers", saw a few shops, took a few pictures, looked in the small shops in the marketplace, bought a reusable SW bag for about $2.50, bought a Coke, sat for about 20 mintues and watched the crowd, was entertained by 3 cast members trying to decide how to clean up a small blue milk spill, and took a picture of Chewie as he walked by (and did not stop for anyone- just kept going). That was enough for us. We'll go back to see it at night, at some point, but we're in no hurry.

dennis-in-ct

2 hours last Friday. Rode the ride twice. Once in single rider and once through the normal cue.

Honestly the land just feels a little empty. The theming and costumes are great bu the north side of the land is all trees and as a result it feels unfinished.

I assume there would be some type of show or at least the Jedi Academy would move to this area.
The land needs entertainment - not just a 50 dollar plastic cube for sale or another 50 for drinks and snacks at Oga’s.

I suppose it is best to wait until Rise is open before judging the entire land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom