For those of you in the know, what abandoned disney props are still sitting around?

TwilightZone

Original Poster
I know from the infamous wonders of life video that the cranium command animatronics and a few of the body wars things are still sitting around. Is there anything else, like the upstairs imageworks stuff (I assume not, because it got walled off, but then again, maybe it is still there, behind the wall), the foods rocks stuff, etc. that is also sitting around to this day?

Goofyernmost

They kinda did... that was the prop room in the queue of the Backlot Tour. Not everything, but, a lot of things were there. There used to be some warehouses in Kissimmee, that had a lot of old ride props that they sold. I think they have all gone out of business now, but, they did pretty well for awhile. As far as the queue on the Backlot Tour, most people just sailed through that room and didn't pay much attention to what was there. Just looked like an old attic in your grandparents house.

Surfin' Tuna

It's funny how human nature is. We had a chance to look at some of these old props, (although I don't remember a lot from the old attractions being in there) and it was of little interest. Now that's gone, and we all wish they had a place we could go look at them. It's like Horizons I always wish we had that one back. If it was back, I'd complain about them needing to update it. No wonder I annoy my wife...

CHOX

My all time favorite example of this are the props from the Submarine Voyage and 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. They sat under water unmaintained for years. In Anaheim, the Subs were holed up in the caverns as well.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
They kinda did... that was the prop room in the queue of the Backlot Tour. Not everything, but, a lot of things were there. There used to be some warehouses in Kissimmee, that had a lot of old ride props that they sold. I think they have all gone out of business now, but, they did pretty well for awhile. As far as the queue on the Backlot Tour, most people just sailed through that room and didn't pay much attention to what was there. Just looked like an old attic in your grandparents house.

There is still at least one warehouse left. It is out by the Kissimmee Airport.

huwar18

Yeah, just like the Prop Room. However, that place was a mess. I feel like they just threw props everywhere in the Prop Room. I would take a messy prop room with all old Disney attraction props.

Gillyanne

There used to be some warehouses in Kissimmee, that had a lot of old ride props that they sold. I think they have all gone out of business now, but, they did pretty well for awhile.

Theme Park Connection? I used to like going there they had some cool stuff. While they didn't fully go out of business, they did close down the warehouse to visitors/shoppers and now do all their business online. And even then I think a lot is just via Ebay b/c I bet they get more going the auction route than they did a flat rate on some things...

Phonedave

It amazes me how Disney just lets these prop sit there and rot. I know it would never happen, however, I wish they would make a walk through attraction at DHS with old attractions props.

Related- I’m surprised they didn’t dismantle River Country rather than let it become overgrown.

Dismantling takes money. Letting things sit is a lot cheaper. Unless there is a conflicting need (safety, easily seen, a need for the land) there is no reason to take things apart when they can just sit instead.

-dave

geekza

Discovery Island buildings are still there, rotting away. It was never that popular, though, so folks don't talk about it much.

CaptainAmerica

Is this guy still kicking around backstage?

c47d6a5b3828cd617e07ff898960f82e.jpg

note2001

Related- I’m surprised they didn’t dismantle River Country rather than let it become overgrown.
That situation is going to be resolved soon.
Yes, we've seen the plans but as far as I'm aware there have been no permits filed yet, and Ken Potrock is on his way to a new job. New people tend to mix things up when they first arrive, so I wouldn't count on anything.

CaptainAmerica

The post implied some sort of insider knowledge. I was wondering if they had any.
Yes, we've seen the plans but as far as I'm aware there have been no permits filed yet, and Ken Potrock is on his way to a new job. New people tend to mix things up when they first arrive, so I wouldn't count on anything.
Yes, it's well known. The permits are all over the place. Check out the "Project 89" thread.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom