For my WDW Trip to be "complete," I must _________________________.

Patcheslee

For my WDW trip to be complete I must
Ride Mission:Space been waiting since it was built. And ride Great Movie Ride

(I realize this is permanently closed, so guess I can't go home)

mikejs78

Premium Member
For me, there's a few things, and it's all pretty much around slowing down and taking it all in.

Walking down Main Street before rope drop and taking it all in....

Walking through Innoventions Plaza at dusk, with Spaceship Earth illuminated and the Innoventions music playing.

World Showcase at night with the pre-illuminations music and torches lit.

Debbie

Gee, how I wish I could once again feel that way. From age 35 to about 62 I was deeply connected emotionally to WDW or just Disney in particular. I read every book about Walt, everything I could get my hands on about the parks, whatever backstage information that I could scrap up. Then all of a sudden, it all seemed completely childish to me. I know that isn't true and maybe it is just something that happens when we age. Maybe because as we age it gets harder to negotiate the parks easily and we come onto boards and listen to the righteous pass judgement on those that need a mobility device to get around and enjoy the way we once did. I don't really know the exact thing. Maybe it's the fact that the real problems of life start to become much more important than a plastic mouse. It's not what I wanted to do or how I wanted to feel, but, it just happened.

I still stay on these sites because, well, I actually have little else to do, but, now I tend to see the immaturity of many of the things that are talked about and the snot answers that the "allegedly in the know" spew forth. Whatever the case is it has drained all the joy out of what was once a fun and happy obsession. Oh, well, such is life. I don't give up easily though. I hope to have enough of my health back before long so I can try once more to capture that feeling that only Disney brought to my otherwise mundane life. Maybe someday!

Reading this made me sad :( But I also sort of get it. I was seriously into WDW in the 80's and 90's and then the internet came and I found this site. I started every day with WDW here on this site and ended it too. It sort of pacified my hankering to go; like the Disney store used to. Then life got in the way. I lost interest in Disney, and started thinking about all the places I want to visit on my bucket list. I didn't really plan on visiting WDW until the 50th anniversary. Then, at last minute, this past May, my godmother invited me to go with her family. I am back just two weeks and am once again dreaming of when I can return. I honestly feel that giddy feeling of excitement, that I thought was lost. Only difference is now, I am willing to go by myself! I certainly hope some pixie dust falls around you and you can once again capture that feeling!

wdwdude1

wow, I have too many "musts" to mention but the first one that comes to mind is sitting under the glow of the main street lights at night on my last day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom