Trip Report *Food Update* The Get Out of My Way, Watch Your Child, Turn Your Flash Off & SHUT UP Trip Report!!!

Food Update here *Food Update* The Get Out of My Way, Watch Your Child, Turn Your Flash Off & SHUT UP Trip Report!!!

Wow, so I am just digging in here on this thing. Picture editing, camera issues, and pure laziness has had this on delay.

Before I get started though I want to say thanks to Tom (WDWFigment). He really has helped me in so many ways with camera questions, photoshop, lens stuff. Anything I asked he has been great and always willing to take a phone call from a disgruntled "photographer". Pretty much any great or good pictures you see...he knowing, or unknowingly had a hand in there some how. So in all seriousness...thanks bud.

Now a little bit about my upcoming trip (that already happened)...

Travel Dates were August 25th through September 7th.

We have a 6:30pm flight to leave Pittsburgh.

The stars of this show will be my fiance Colleen, and myself. There will be some guest appearances but you guys only are here because of me so screw them. HAHA no we will get to them once their spot come up.

Leading up to this trip the time FLEW BY. 1 year went by so fast that it's pretty crazy when I sit back and think about where all that time went. It seemed like 180 days was here in an instant. Then 100 days, then before I know it my Magical Express and Vouchers are in my mail box. Then I am on the airplane...

WDW_6184_1.jpg

The flight was pretty interesting to say the least. I am not the most relaxed person so to speak when on an airplane. It's not my most favorite thing in the world to take part in...flying, that is. We were flying down as the Hurricane was flying up. So winds in Orlando were pretty wild, and the flight was pretty bumpy. Nothing CRAZY but still...the more smooth the better. With that said the captain kept giving us weather updates for Orlando saying it was windy and raining. We flew right in and touched down and there was no wind or rain. I was very happy about that.

So we exit the plane and walk over to the tram and this greets me...

WDW_6200.jpg

Yeah so now I am pretty amped up at this point and I am starting to get that feeling that "Okay...we are here"

So off the tram and down to the Magical Express area. Now anyone who "knows" me or read my trip before you know that I am a huge fan of taking pictures of people who are doing weird things, wearing odd clothes, or speedos. Some of you are fans of it and some of you are not. I have said time and time that I do not look for this, if it presents itself I will snap it and so on. Well we are not even in line yet and something crazy presents itself...

WDW_6203_1.jpg

Yeah this lady was dragging her child around on her luggage through the whole first level of the airport. Aint that like half a mile, or does it just seem like it? Anyways for the most part that is pretty much the only "people pics" I got. There are 2 or 3 more so I am sure that will have some of you on the edge of your seat biting your toe nails...

Anyways back to the adventure...

WDW_6204_1.jpg

We are on the bus!!!

WDW_6216_1.jpg

WDW_6221.jpg

We arrived at All Star Sports and Nick was waiting for us at the front door. I quickly said what's up and ran to check in before everyone else. Online check in this time was pretty shocking. I walked up to the counter and everything was ready. Dude basically handed my packet and room keys and basically was like "peace dude". I was like ummm is that it?

Our room was located right on the first building outside the cafe on the left. Touchdown something...I forget. But to my surprised the football field was all fenced off. I am immediately ed. I go look and they have new turf down, painted plays all over the field. It looked pretty much like it was almost finished so I calmed down a bit. So we went to our room, put our carry on bags down and headed out the door to go to Planet Hollywood and to meet up with a buddy! We got to Planet Hollywood where we met up with Karen (MillerPoppins) who just happened to be hanging out in Orlando while we were there! Prior to leaving she messaged me and told me she would be down there for a good portion of our trip and she wanted to try The Crunch Chicken. I agreed to meet up with her after careful review. Turns out she was okay. My review was dead on and we are very happy to have got to meet her/know her.

After Planet Hollywood we said out goodbyes and discussed meeting up again and that was that. Nick dropped us off and I dragged Colleen back to the lake at Sports that I wanted to fish at. First we stopped at "The Tennis Court" because I wanted to get a picture of Donald with a new friend next to him...

WDW_6245_1.jpg

After seeing the lake we walked back through the lobby for some stupid reason...

WDW_6261.jpg

Here are a few room shots...

WDW_6253.jpg

WDW_6254.jpg

That concludes the first night....

More to come!

Last edited:

MillerPoppins

Did I even get to that point of the TR yet? I did not keep track of this stuff so it's hard for me to remember who I was with and when I was with them.

To be honest I was going to add you into my next MK visit even if it was a lie and had already happened! Haha

Dude I was part of your first and second nights there! But feel free to add me in!

John, I'm totally enjoying both your new trip report and the wonderful Food ! Your photography has really gone up to the next level, and it's not just that great new camera!
I'm embarrassed to say I've been a real slacker as far as our trip report and even posting all the pics on Photobucket is concerned. Maybe seeing yours will get me inspired 'cos it's never too late to write a WDW trip report!

mamamouse

Glad u joined the party Karen I was beginning to question ur safety and whereabouts,he claims u wore nothing ,has no pics of u n ur MIA that's kinda worrying LOL but glad to see u r safe n sound,clothed or not!:ROFLOL:
Dude I was part of your first and second nights there! But feel free to add me in!

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I've been in NHL mode since the season ended!! Wooo hooo!! Bring on the hockey!! :sohappy:

Yeah hopefully our whole team does not have a death sentence again this year. If we had 71 and 87 healthy last year...we are hanging another banner next week. That REALLy sucked.

PolynesianPrincess

Yeah hopefully our whole team does not have a death sentence again this year. If we had 71 and 87 healthy last year...we are hanging another banner next week. That REALLy sucked.

My coworker has season tickets for the Bruins and shes selling most of them this year. My sister is a huge Crosby fan and I wanted tickets against the Penguins but someone scooped those up before me :(

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
My coworker has season tickets for the Bruins and shes selling most of them this year. My sister is a huge Crosby fan and I wanted tickets against the Penguins but someone scooped those up before me :(

They come there twice correct? I have a friend who works for the team and maybe when they come there I can have him set his tickets aside for you. I really doubt he has friends in Boston.

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Day 7 I think? Losing my mind playing with these pictures and at some point of this process I think in the 8th day part while at Epcot I REALLY started "cheating" with my pictures. By cheating I mean manipulating them so they don't look real but they still look real? Hey...SHUT UP! Haha

Well Epcot is where we begin today. We are meeting The Legend today. No not Bigfoot, well yeah...maybe. Monty and his son Morgan! Monty and I have been JUST missing each other for a while now and this trip would not be like the rest. I owed Monty a "drink" from a promise I made a LONG time ago. I think in 2007! Well we had a TON of CS meals so I said how about I just get you and Morgan lunch and he obliged. Why did I promise him a drink? Well 2007 was my first trip where I was the planner and had to do everything. I posted a lot of questions about pretty petty, and important stuff. Monty was ALWAYS the first to respond. He was also VERY accurate in with what he was telling me. So Monty...again I can't thank you enough for helping me out when I was getting my feet wet here. Thanks for Mario Lemieux as well...

WDW_9658_1.jpg

WDW_9662_1.jpg

WDW_9663_1.jpg

WDW_9664_1.jpg

Haha I saw this pin and IMMEDIATELY sent to via MMS to ALL of my black friends. This was a task. I play in a black softball league so I have a TON of people that I "needed" to send this too. The general response that I got back was..."You stupid"

WDW_9665_1.jpg

WDW_9668_1.jpg

WDW_9669_1.jpg

WDW_9680_1.jpg

WDW_9681_1.jpg

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Our next stop was Living With The Land...we both like this ride a lot. Colleen probably likes it way more than anybody really should though. She DOES have a degree in science though.

WDW_9690_1.jpg

WDW_9693_1.jpg

WDW_9699_1.jpg

WDW_9701_1.jpg

All the workers were out in full force. I've never seen a soul while riding this ride before...

WDW_9702_1.jpg

WDW_9705_1.jpg

WDW_9717_1.jpg

WDW_9718_1.jpg

WDW_9719_1.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom