Trip Report *Food Update* The Get Out of My Way, Watch Your Child, Turn Your Flash Off & SHUT UP Trip Report!!!

Food Update here *Food Update* The Get Out of My Way, Watch Your Child, Turn Your Flash Off & SHUT UP Trip Report!!!

Wow, so I am just digging in here on this thing. Picture editing, camera issues, and pure laziness has had this on delay.

Before I get started though I want to say thanks to Tom (WDWFigment). He really has helped me in so many ways with camera questions, photoshop, lens stuff. Anything I asked he has been great and always willing to take a phone call from a disgruntled "photographer". Pretty much any great or good pictures you see...he knowing, or unknowingly had a hand in there some how. So in all seriousness...thanks bud.

Now a little bit about my upcoming trip (that already happened)...

Travel Dates were August 25th through September 7th.

We have a 6:30pm flight to leave Pittsburgh.

The stars of this show will be my fiance Colleen, and myself. There will be some guest appearances but you guys only are here because of me so screw them. HAHA no we will get to them once their spot come up.

Leading up to this trip the time FLEW BY. 1 year went by so fast that it's pretty crazy when I sit back and think about where all that time went. It seemed like 180 days was here in an instant. Then 100 days, then before I know it my Magical Express and Vouchers are in my mail box. Then I am on the airplane...

WDW_6184_1.jpg

The flight was pretty interesting to say the least. I am not the most relaxed person so to speak when on an airplane. It's not my most favorite thing in the world to take part in...flying, that is. We were flying down as the Hurricane was flying up. So winds in Orlando were pretty wild, and the flight was pretty bumpy. Nothing CRAZY but still...the more smooth the better. With that said the captain kept giving us weather updates for Orlando saying it was windy and raining. We flew right in and touched down and there was no wind or rain. I was very happy about that.

So we exit the plane and walk over to the tram and this greets me...

WDW_6200.jpg

Yeah so now I am pretty amped up at this point and I am starting to get that feeling that "Okay...we are here"

So off the tram and down to the Magical Express area. Now anyone who "knows" me or read my trip before you know that I am a huge fan of taking pictures of people who are doing weird things, wearing odd clothes, or speedos. Some of you are fans of it and some of you are not. I have said time and time that I do not look for this, if it presents itself I will snap it and so on. Well we are not even in line yet and something crazy presents itself...

WDW_6203_1.jpg

Yeah this lady was dragging her child around on her luggage through the whole first level of the airport. Aint that like half a mile, or does it just seem like it? Anyways for the most part that is pretty much the only "people pics" I got. There are 2 or 3 more so I am sure that will have some of you on the edge of your seat biting your toe nails...

Anyways back to the adventure...

WDW_6204_1.jpg

We are on the bus!!!

WDW_6216_1.jpg

WDW_6221.jpg

We arrived at All Star Sports and Nick was waiting for us at the front door. I quickly said what's up and ran to check in before everyone else. Online check in this time was pretty shocking. I walked up to the counter and everything was ready. Dude basically handed my packet and room keys and basically was like "peace dude". I was like ummm is that it?

Our room was located right on the first building outside the cafe on the left. Touchdown something...I forget. But to my surprised the football field was all fenced off. I am immediately ed. I go look and they have new turf down, painted plays all over the field. It looked pretty much like it was almost finished so I calmed down a bit. So we went to our room, put our carry on bags down and headed out the door to go to Planet Hollywood and to meet up with a buddy! We got to Planet Hollywood where we met up with Karen (MillerPoppins) who just happened to be hanging out in Orlando while we were there! Prior to leaving she messaged me and told me she would be down there for a good portion of our trip and she wanted to try The Crunch Chicken. I agreed to meet up with her after careful review. Turns out she was okay. My review was dead on and we are very happy to have got to meet her/know her.

After Planet Hollywood we said out goodbyes and discussed meeting up again and that was that. Nick dropped us off and I dragged Colleen back to the lake at Sports that I wanted to fish at. First we stopped at "The Tennis Court" because I wanted to get a picture of Donald with a new friend next to him...

WDW_6245_1.jpg

After seeing the lake we walked back through the lobby for some stupid reason...

WDW_6261.jpg

Here are a few room shots...

WDW_6253.jpg

WDW_6254.jpg

That concludes the first night....

More to come!

Last edited:

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Narcoossee's

Awesome Bread and Butter.

WDW_7651.jpg

WDW_7652.jpg

My Surf and Turf...AMAZING work here. Both items are SO good I can't decide which I love more.

WDW_7658.jpg

WDW_7662.jpg

Colleen had Seared Tuna with some kind of Fried Shrimp.

WDW_7659.jpg

WDW_7663.jpg

As some of you may have saw I ordered Colleen a special birthday cake from The GF Bakery to have delivered here for this reservation. It was basically a wedding cake I saw in google images and had them transform it into a birthday cake! It had chocolate cake inside with white icing and Penn State Blue Mickey's all over it. The cake was AMAZING. The chocolate inside was more of a mousse texture and was just SO good. I normally don't like chocolate cake with white icing but this was really really good. PM me for the price. I don't want her to see or know what it cost!

WDW_7669.jpg

WDW_7673.jpg

WDW_7679.jpg

WDW_7680.jpg

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Narcoossee's continued...

For our regular desserts...

Nick had the Cheese Plate.

WDW_7681.jpg

I had the AMAZING Strawberry Tart. ALMOST as good as the Old Strawberry Shortcake. VERY VERY VERY good though! Be jealous if you have not had it.

WDW_7682.jpg

WDW_7685.jpg

WDW_7689.jpg

WDW_7691.jpg

Colleen had The Warm Chocolate-Almond Gateau.

WDW_7687.jpg

WDW_7686.jpg

From the inside...

WDW_7692.jpg

Total $210.94

bmarkelon

Thanks for the lovely food update dude, now go back over to your current TR from your October trip and finish it maybe? Just sayin. I wish I had that No Way Jose, one of my biggest regrets from last trip was overeating at dinner at Captain's Grille and not saving room for Beaches and Cream.

Last edited:

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Thanks for the lovely food update dude, now go back over to your current TR from your October trip and finish it maybe? Just sayin. I wish I had that No Way Jose, one of my biggest regrets from last trip was overeating at dinner at Captain's Grille and not saving room for Beaches and Cream.

Captains Grille was so cheeks man...

Update is complete. Man, only 1.5 more days to go and it's over.

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
50's Prime Time Cafe.

Here is my Aunt Liz's Fried Chicken. I actually said to our server "If I HAVE to eat greens to get dessert I have no issue with that. I LOVE the potatoes and gravy so I want double". He just laughed and said he's never heard anyone put it like that before and not to worry about eating the greens!

WDW_8664.jpg

WDW_8667.jpg

Nick had Mom's Old-Fashioned Pot Roast.

WDW_8660.jpg

WDW_8661.jpg

Colleen had a Sampling of Mom's favorite recipes.

WDW_8662.jpg

WDW_8663.jpg

Colleen and I had Dad's Brownie Sundae.

WDW_8670.jpg

WDW_8671.jpg

Nick had a Hot Fudge Sundae.

WDW_8672.jpg

Total $85.21

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
All Star Cafe

I had a Mushroom, Bacon and Swiss Burger.

WDW_8868.jpg

And my Chocolate Cake!

WDW_8871.jpg

Total $12.96

Le Cellier Steakhouse

WDW_8901.jpg

WDW_8903.jpg

This time Colleen got The Maple Creme Brulee. It was OKAY. Way too syrup tasting for me...

WDW_8910.jpg

I got my trusted Moose!

WDW_8912.jpg

Side pose for the Little Guy!

WDW_8913.jpg

Total $78.11

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Yachtsman Steakhouse

Rolls and Butter with Garlic. The onion roll = Amazing. It is JUST as good as The Pretzel Bread at Le Cellier, if not better.

WDW_9234.jpg

WDW_9238.jpg

WDW_9236.jpg

Colleen had the NY Strip.

WDW_9241.jpg

I had the Porterhouse.

WDW_9244.jpg

Here is Colleen's little birthday surprise...

WDW_9249.jpg

Her actual dessert was Signature Banana Napoleon (I THINK )

WDW_9253.jpg

I had Trio of Valrhona Chocolate.

WDW_9256.jpg

WDW_9258.jpg

This is either pretty gross or pretty cool...I have not decided yet. You guys can be the judge.

WDW_9263.jpg

Total $119.69

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom