Food transfers between resorts cancelled

nickys

Premium Member
A heads up for anyone who does a split stay at WDW.

Disney will no longer transfer chilled and frozen food between resorts.. Or anything other than luggage. They will still refrigerate deliveries and items you drop off. But if transferring resorts you’ll need to take your stuff over yourself.

nickys

Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm sure there's someone out there kicking and stomping their feet saying theyll never go to Disney again over this.
It was nice knowing they would take care of moving everything when you had a split stay. Especially staying DVC when you have chilled and even frozen food to transfer.

Just another benefit gone.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
Original Poster
Disclaimer: I don't have a dog in this fight because we don't try to take perishables between rooms when we do split stays anyway, but...

It's not just about carrying the food from one place to another. If checkout is at 11am and checkin isn't until 3pm (or 4pm for DVC) and you're not a local with access to a fridge, or a car with a cooler, it means you won't be able to salvage any of your perishable foods: you're going to have to throw them all out and buy new, or pay for another grocery delivery.

While I'm sure 99% of guests won't be affected, the DVC owners (or renters) who bought into it based on the promise of long stays, full kitchens for meal preparation, and the chance to enjoy multiple resorts easily, will be disproportionately inconvenienced. I think they, at least, have the right to be annoyed.
Bell Services will hold stuff for you, and they have massive fridges and freezers. So you can still transfer stuff, it’s just that Disney won’t do it for you.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom