Food Rocks/ Kitchen Kabaret

GoofyMagic

Original Poster
Which did you like better? Who were your favorite characters?

Maybe we can discuss the sets/lights/music here too?

Does anyone know what happened to the entire show after it closed? (Food Rocks)

General Grizz

Food Rocks was gutted and many of its animatronics were dumped. From what I've heard the theater building still exists inside the Land, and was probably going to be used as a gift shop. I guess budget never allowed this area to be used.

Kitchen Kabaret was much better. The original songs and characters have left great impressions on Epcot guests. Take, for example, the Kitchen Karnivale display in the Food and Wine Festival from 2003. It featured a few low-budget cutouts of the characters and a variety of different "games" - such as sound boxes and hop scotch - but it received thousands of visitors who remembered the show. ("Veggie Veggie Fruit Fruit") was also played.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Grizz, go on the Behind the Seeds tour.

The doors near the restrooms at Soarin's entrance are the same ones that used to exit the giftshop for the start of the tour. The tour now starts by going through the doors near the FastPass distribution on the right. Between point A and B is where the theater used to be, and now no longer exists. It was completely taken by the queue.

General Grizz

Are you sure that the entire Food Rocks area was used? I had two different people tell me this. I don't want to say it's fact, and I trust your information, but the rumor's intriguing.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I think it's wishful thinking as the door on the side of the fastpass machines leads into a narrow hallway that just on the other side is the green houses (another set of doors).

From what i can tell, the whole fastpass area itself and some of the exit walkway took over what was Food Rock's queue - the two floor section where the exit is under the main queue is right about where the show building itself should of been.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Ooohh - pics please! Typical of me I know. I`m trying to persue the changes from the theatre to the queue area (hi, Rob :wave: ) but it`s a bit slow without Soarin` blueprints.

dxwwf3

I would have to say that I liked Kitchen Kabaret better. It just felt more "Disney" than Food Rocks. Veggie Fruit Fruit. Veggie Veggie Fruit Fruit. Veggie Fruit Fruit. Veggie Veggie Fruit Fruit. Ole! Cha-cha-cha!

WDWPrnces02

Well I personally like the veggie veggie song...... :D

Come to think of it I thought alot of the food rocks songs were catchy. Everytime I hear the origional song on the radio I cant help but think of the FR Versions...... :eek: :eek:

WDWPixie

I LOVED Kitchen Kabert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was addicted since I first saw it... It's... sad. lol.

Anyway, I loved it. My dad tapped it for me when I was about 6 or 7 because I cried when I left it, so I know I have it on tape somewhere... I wanted to be that chick that hosted it, I didn't know she wasn't real. lol. But I loved it...

FR was cute but nothing beats veggie-veggie-fruit-fruit... CHA CHA CHA! And the sunglasses fly up...

EpcotGirl

I MISS FOOD ROCKS :( it was my favorite show it sure beet most shows i see in WDW cause it was so hokey and i still remeber my favorite son every bite u take to this day :cry: . the wait is the exit and the fast pass distribuation for soarin

dolbyman

maybe you feel better after you watched martins tribute video (or the other two versions available) .. take a peek in the forums media section for more infos :wave:

Scooter

I liked both shows but thought Food Rocks was a little better that Kitchen Kaberet.

That Veggie Veggie Fruit Fruit song got old really fast.
Then it stuck in your head just like The Small World Song.

Dang it!! Now I have 2 annoying songs stuck in my head! :brick:

GoofyMagic

Original Poster
Yeah, I'm a sucker for animatronics so I hate whenever they take down an animatronic show. I was pretty young for K.K. but Food Rocks was nice as well, but K.K. had way better figures though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom