Food price increase? October 2023

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Original Poster
(If this should be in the ‘Restaurants and Dining’ thread, forgive me and please relocate it there)

(Oct 5) Food prices have been reported to have gone up at some resorts (prices do not appear to be equal across all resorts as of this post, or reflected in the MDE menus), with similar price increases expected to hit the parks soon. Some examples:

Burgers: $1 increase
Pizza: $1 increase
Chicken strips/hot dogs/salads: $30-.50 increase
Snacks: $.30-.50 increase

Most nonalcoholic beverages: $.20-.30 increase, with a few up $.50
Alcoholic beverages: $.50-$1 increase

Mickey Ice Cream Bar and Ice Cream Sandwich: $.30 increase each
Cookies: $.50 increase

As of the time of this post, food prices had NOT increased in the parks according to Mobile Ordering in the My Disney Experience app.

Last edited:

Ayla

(If this should be in the ‘Restaurants and Dining’ thread, forgive me and please relocate it there)

(Oct 5) Food prices have been reported to have gone up at some resorts (prices do not appear to be equal across all resorts as of this post, or reflected in the MDE menus), with similar price increases expected to hit the parks soon. Some examples:

Burgers: $1 increase
Pizza: $1 increase
Chicken strips/hot dogs/salads: $30-.50 increase
Snacks: $.30-.50 increase

Most nonalcoholic beverages: $.20-.30 increase, with a few up $.50
Alcoholic beverages: $.50-$1 increase

Mickey Ice Cream Bar and Ice Cream Sandwich: $.30 increase each
Cookies: $.50 increase

As of the time of this post, food prices had NOT increased in the parks according to Mobile Ordering in the My Disney Experience app.
Not surprising, but irritating just the same.

TrainsOfDisney

I was pleasantly surprised with the quality and portions at WDW - especially at resort quick service restaurants. Port Orleans, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Polynesian, and Caribbean Beach.

Glad I got in before the price hikes but seems like the norm now. I’m sure tickets will follow soon. Tis the season and all.

Andrew25

I was pleasantly surprised with the quality and portions at WDW - especially at resort quick service restaurants. Port Orleans, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Polynesian, and Caribbean Beach.

Glad I got in before the price hikes but seems like the norm now. I’m sure tickets will follow soon. Tis the season and all.

WDW makes Universal look like cafeteria food. (Quick-service wise)

Universal has improved somewhat, but Disney's service/quality is unmatched.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Original Poster
A random check of menu prices in MDE confirm the food and beverage price increases and the price increases have hit the parks as well.

RoadiJeff

Did they raise the cost of a $5 overpriced 20oz bottle of Coke? It was that much when we were there last month. The same thing at Universal was $4.30.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Original Poster
Did they raise the cost of a $5 overpriced 20oz bottle of Coke? It was that much when we were there last month. The same thing at Universal was $4.30.
Still $5/bottle (plus tax), at least according to a few menus in MDE. I'm sure $5.50/bottle is coming soon, though, the last increase was I think November 2021 (when I noticed it while standing in a line for BTM).

TrainsOfDisney

Still $5/bottle (plus tax), at least according to a few menus in MDE. I'm sure $5.50/bottle is coming soon, though, the last increase was I think November 2021 (when I noticed it while standing in a line for BTM).
I remember when they were $2.

Starbucks must have a deal where they can’t overcharge cause that’s the best deals at WDW parks for drinks. Trenta Passion Tea here I come! (After the long wait in line.)

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Original Poster
I remember when they were $2.

Starbucks must have a deal where they can’t overcharge cause that’s the best deals at WDW parks for drinks. Trenta Passion Tea here I come! (After the long wait in line.)
I probably have a few receipts somewhere that have that price on them. And it wasn't 20 years ago, either.

celluloid

As much as Freestyle is overrated and not kept up with for the money it brings in, at least it is an option at Uni.
I get wanting the typically better carbonation though.
I quit again. For health and budget as a bonus.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom