Food portion cuts to increase profits?

ImperfectPixie

I believe that whoever replaces Chapek when his time as CEO is up voluntarily or not, the next CEO will come from the outside or another division of the company. There will never ever be again someone rising up to the top job of TWDC from the parks and resorts group.
Which is a shame...because Chapek isn't really a parks and resorts guy - he's a merch guy.

Trauma

Well something is very fishy in a thread where pixie agrees with me and chi84 thinks I’m attacking them.

Just wanted to call out the OBVIOUS trolling of people like Lilo who then call me out for defending them.

Lilofan

Well something is very fishy in a thread where pixie agrees with me and chi84 thinks I’m attacking them.

Just wanted to call out the OBVIOUS trolling of people like Lilo who then call me out for defending them.
Fyi - Eisner did have a flair for writing so your opinion of trolling is your most recent post is off base.

Nubs70

That is the perfect example of excellent business management. Some CEO's looked at the pandemic as a big problem but great CEO's saw opportunities galore. Successful people don't let such things as the pandemic set them back and cause stress and worry. They don't let such events overwhelm them. They change their perspective and utilize what's happening as a springboard to move forward to bigger and better things. And the pandemic is just one issue CEO Bob Chapek has wisely navigated.

He has taken the diversity and inclusiveness issues to heart and realized that this presents an opportunity to get rid of the toxic racist tropes in several attractions. Leading by example is the key here and the behavior of the CEO serves as an inspiration to the rest of the cast members so they can emulate such positive and forwarding thinking behavior.
Excellent short term business management.

Sacrificing long term.competative advantage for short term financial gain. He is monetizing savings by commoditizing a mass customized individual experience

UNCgolf

I didn’t see any trolling in that particular post. Some people feel very strongly about diversity and inclusiveness as worthwhile goals. Can’t speak to any other posts or threads.

That was a subtle one, and more about the overwhelming praise for Chapek than anything about diversity and inclusiveness. It's really about his overall posting pattern -- I only noticed in the past couple of weeks that everything he posts appears to be angling for a reaction. He sometimes contradicts himself in different posts, and occasionally goes really over the top with absurd praise (or with something obviously made up), which is a telltale sign that he's just trying to get a rise out of people.

I don't think I've ever seen him post something that truly felt like it was in good faith, which is why I now assume literally everything he posts is trolling. Otherwise I'd agree with you that that particular post may not be.

Last edited:

ImperfectPixie

That was a subtle one, and more about the overwhelming praise for Chapek than anything about diversity and inclusiveness. It's more about paying attention to his posts as a whole -- I only really noticed in the past couple of weeks that everything he posts is angling for a reaction. He sometimes contradicts himself in different posts, and occasionally goes really over the top with absurd praise (or with something obviously made up), which is a telltale sign that he's just trying to get a rise out of people.

I don't think I've ever seen him post something that truly felt like it was in good faith, which is why I now assume literally everything he posts is trolling.
Same here...but it's been months of reading his posts in all the various threads. It's gotten to a point that I can almost recognize that poster just based on the writing of a post.

jpinkc

Hopefully it never comes back and they let more restaurants go back to making actual quality food instead of being forced to use the same few ingredients bought in bulk.

I won't be holding my breath.
We used dining plan when traveling with the whole Family, parents,great grand parents etc. I would happily sacrifice that for the return to QUALITY!!!

Trauma

Fyi - Eisner did have a flair for writing so your opinion of trolling is your most recent post is off base.
Lilo I don’t mean this in a negative way, just assume I’m to stupid, but I don’t understand what your saying.

I just feel like your being trolled and I don’t know what the heck Eisner has to do with that.

This conversation has gone completely over my head, just trying to call out what I see.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Dessert hasn't been offered with the QS plan since 2017. As far as I remember, only the Deluxe plan offered both app and dessert. I never bought the dining plan because it wasn't worth the money, so I may be wrong.
Standard TS DDP plan used to offer appetizer, main course, dessert, and gratuity when it first debuted. Gratuity was the first thing to go but the rest stayed for many, many years. I think appetizers were removed in the past 5 years. I may be wrong about that, though, someone can feel free to correct me if I am. I thought the QS plan still included desserts, but maybe I haven’t used the DDP in longer than I realized.

The Colonel

As the Chief Financial Officer and Senior Executive Vice President of Walt Disney Co, the total compensation of Christine McCarthy at Walt Disney Co is $14,974,200

I know how Disney can bank $15MM easy and save a fortune in blonde hair dye. FWIW she should watch her own waistline.

PxC6klEm.jpg

Phil12

Excellent short term business management.

Sacrificing long term.competative advantage for short term financial gain. He is monetizing savings by commoditizing a mass customized individual experience
I agree completely. I think at this time he can afford to sacrifice the company long term competitive superiority to build cash reserves. Inflationary fears are boosting the US dollar and these measures advanced by Chapek tend to help minimize damage by inflation pressures to the company while still allowing the company to prosper. Considering how devastating the pandemic has been to both WDW and Disneyland (as well as all other theme parks), and the fact that everyone is still in an economic recovery process, I'm pleased and surprised with the speed and health with which Disney has come back from the abyss.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom