Food bang for the buck

Communicore

Original Poster
Apart from the free salads, sauerkraut and cheese delights, etc. that I always talk about what do you think is the food item that gives you more bang for the buck? For me, I think it is the worms and dirt. A perfect combination of taste, price, and value. I hope they don't increase the price. Also, if one wants a true bang for the buck in the parks, how about purchasing a Cup O Noodles from Mitsukoshi? Even though "overpriced" at 99 cents, it is still cheap and can make for a satisfying meal on the cheap.

Phonedave

The historic best bang for the buck used to be, in my opinion, Figaro Fries.

The price was sub $5 and was a pile of fries, cheese sauce, lettuce, tomato, ranch dressing, and bacon bits.

Pure junk procesed food, and horrible from a health standpoint, but man were they tasty, and also filled you up.

figaro.jpg

Currently, I think the chicken at Cosmic Rays is a pretty good deal (at least for WDW prices)

-dave

Communicore

Original Poster

The price was sub $5 and was a pile of fries, cheese sauce, lettuce, tomato, ranch dressing, and bacon bits.

Pure junk procesed food, and horrible from a health standpoint, but man were they tasty, and also filled you up.

figaro.jpg

Currently, I think the chicken at Cosmic Rays is a pretty good deal (at least for WDW prices)

-dave
I remember those, and I agree! It can be shared with 2 people and you can bring it to Pecos/Comsics to have a refill of cheese sauce, lettuce, and dressing!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I think the Earl of Sandwich offers good value. They have not moved the pricing in years, and it is a good sized sandwich for around $5.

The School Bread at Norway is another good value option. For its size and quality at under $3 its a good deal.

HollyAD

EOS was already mentioned and is my favorite stop at DTD. I think Yorkshire fish and chips is also a good value in Epcot.

JasonDeyoung

I think the Earl of Sandwich offers good value. They have not moved the pricing in years, and it is a good sized sandwich for around $5.

The School Bread at Norway is another good value option. For its size and quality at under $3 its a good deal.

I agree, Earl is IMO the best for this

disney4life2008

Fish and Chips in UK is a great value and a must nearly everyday of my trip. However, I do not understand how people say that is sharable. 2 small pieces of fish and 5 french fries is anything but shareable.

DisneyDebNJ

I 100% agree. I think people overlook this place. The food is fresh and tasty. The portions are large enough to share. I especially love the breakfast pizza and the corn flake French toast.
Ohhhh the french toast .... YES!! Then, there's the bacon wrapped meatloaf w/mashed potatoes!! Also, they will also box up your food to go too!! (now I'm hungry!) LOL

DisneyDebNJ

figaro.jpg

-dave
Sigh..... Figaro Fries, how I miss thee!

DManRightHere

I think Wolfgang Puck Express is a terrific value, on or off the dining plan. Portions are very large, especially the breakfast pizza or breakfast pocket.

I was going to suggest wolfgang puck express too.

I just found out there is a wolfgang puck pizza bar near us in Charlotte. The prices are the same as DD. We are planning to try it out Sunday. I hope it's as good as the one at Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom