Food at MVMCP

WDW74

Original Poster
Going to the Christmas Party for the first time. Looks like there are complimentary snick snacks at a variety of locations. Should I make an ADR for dinner before the party or is there enough free eats during the party ? Thx!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
There is several special snacks you can purchase that is only available at the party, but the only complimentary ones are the cookies, fruit, hot chocolate, and apple juice. The ones you can purchase only at the party are really good like the gingerbread waffle, specialty cupcakes, etc. We always eat a meal prior to the party and then have some of the snacks offered like the special waffles are delicious! Love the gingerbread one and the pumpkin one for the Halloween party. :)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Thanks all ! Made my ADR for Artist's Point for 5:30. We're psyched ! Thx again
That is going to be really cutting it tight to get to the party by the 7pm start.

For a first time, I would definitely recommend being there no later than 6:45 to get the most out of the night.

Of course, if you don't mind not maxing it, then it's not a problem :)

sxeensweet

That is going to be really cutting it tight to get to the party by the 7pm start.

For a first time, I would definitely recommend being there no later than 6:45 to get the most out of the night.

Of course, if you don't mind not maxing it, then it's not a problem :)
We got there right after 7/7:30pm with a 5:45pm ressie (15 min after theirs) at Artist Point. No we were not first timers but they shouldn't get there much after 7pm unless something seriously delays them. They should be fine. :)

Last edited:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
We got there right after 7 with a 5:45pm ressie (15 min after theirs) at Artist Point. No we were not first timers but they shouldn't get there much after 7pm unless something seriously delays them. They should be fine. :)
No way I would be out of a signature restaurant in less than 2 hours! I would think though that most would need 1.5 hours in there, so it just seems REALLY tight to me.

sxeensweet

No way I would be out of a signature restaurant in less than 2 hours! I would think though that most would need 1.5 hours in there, so it just seems REALLY tight to me.
We are usually out of Signatures in about 1.5 hours and rarely have ever been in one for 2 hours (not AP usually for sure as it's usually not extremely busy like some Sigs), and we dine at slower times of the year also so they are not usually trying to rush us. We eat at many Sigs every trip. We don't rush at all, and take our time to enjoy and so with the example I gave we were out of AP around 7:15pm and were at MK not long after 7:30pm. I know we were there before 8pm. We drive though always so don't have to depend on Disney transportation ever unless we are in an area we use the monorail. Their ressie is at 5:30pm so they probably would be done around 7pm. Shouldn't take longer than 30 min give or take, or so to get to MK depending how they are traveling there. Just my opinion as our experience with doing almost the exact same thing. :)

Last edited:

sandam1

What restaurants are open during the party itself? We have reservations that day for Whispering Canyon at 2 p.m. as our "big meal" of the day, but we are still going to need something lighter at some point during the evening and I was wondering what our options will look like.

HouCuseChickie

I would definitely book an ADR. We made the mistake of canceling ours when we went to the party thinking we'd snack in the park. We weren't planning on relying on the cookies and apples, but we couldn't find much in the way of QS to help. I still wish we'd just kept our early ADR at Citrico's and showed up to the party a little after the start.

JohnD

I would definitely book an ADR. We made the mistake of canceling ours when we went to the party thinking we'd snack in the park. We weren't planning on relying on the cookies and apples, but we couldn't find much in the way of QS to help. I still wish we'd just kept our early ADR at Citrico's and showed up to the party a little after the start.

Thinking about spending a half-day at DTD/DS before the party. I just made a reservation for The Boathouse at 2:00pm. After meal, walking to the bus, taking the GF bus and monorail to MK, I think I should be at MK approx 4:00-4:30.

JohnD

We got there right after 7/7:30pm with a 5:45pm ressie (15 min after theirs) at Artist Point. No we were not first timers but they shouldn't get there much after 7pm unless something seriously delays them. They should be fine. :)

The good thing about Artist Point is a boat directly from WL to MK. Although bus wouldn't be a far drive either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom