Food and Wine trip is now pretty much a lock

Phonedave

Original Poster
Just needed to celebrate/brag.

My wife and I wanted to take an adults only trip for F&W (not the first time we have done so). However, because she is a teacher, the only time we can go is during "Jersey Weekend" - for those who don't know, all NJ Teachers have a 4 day weekend in November. It is a Union event- the NJEA has conventions etc during that time. It is known as Jersey Week in WDW because ALL of NJ has no school for a 4 day weekend, and WDW is packed with people from NJ.

Anyway, I booked my SSR DVC reservation 11 months out (and waitlisted Boarwalk and Beach Club at 9 months - still hopefull), but airfare was INSANE. Everyting was $600+ per person R/T. All milage flights were 50,000 points R/T per person and I only had about 74,000 miles. I was getting a bit worried that this trip was not in the cards. Last night I was looking at flights, and United added another one on Wed night at 9:00 PM - For just over $300. However for that price we had to return on a 7:30 AM flight on Sunday. Just for the heck of it I checked how many miles it would cost - 75,000! The 9:00 outbound as only 12,500 per person I was able to purchase the extra miles for $87 and get a return time of noon. So now we are a go. Just need some three day base passes.

This is a F&W only trip. It is going to be three days of EPCOT F&W, The only thing that may not be F&W is a dinner at V&A. Which if you think about it is food and wine.

So now I have to see what is going on that weekend (Nov 7, 8, 9) and book things.

-dave

Sweet Melissa

Cool! We just booked the culinary demo with Chef Ponticelli (Citricos) on November 8th. Haven't decided on any other Food & Wine events yet other than the finish line party after the half marathon.

PrincessNelly_NJ

Yup, I know that feeling! I'm headed down to the world with two friends and we didn't rush to purchase tickets from NJ to Orlando because they tend to stay very consistent. Welp! They sky rocketed! 380 To 450 dollars roundtrip. :arghh: Finally we were able to book two seperate airlines from two seperate airports for less than 180 dollars! Woohoo! :happy: Enjoy your trip!

Phonedave

Original Poster
Cool! We just booked the culinary demo with Chef Ponticelli (Citricos) on November 8th. Haven't decided on any other Food & Wine events yet other than the finish line party after the half marathon.

Last time we went I did the half marathon. It just eats up too much time on the weekend. Even though it is at night you dont want to be go go go all day before it, and then the next day you want to sleep in.

No running for me this time. Debating if I want to buy tickets to the party though.

-dave

Sweet Melissa

Last time we went I did the half marathon. It just eats up too much time on the weekend. Even though it is at night you dont want to be go go go all day before it, and then the next day you want to sleep in.

No running for me this time. Debating if I want to buy tickets to the party though.

-dave
We only bought tickets for the party. We're running the 5k that morning, but not the half. I'm nervous about the whole "sleeping in" thing, though. We have to change resorts the morning after the party because DVC had so little availability that weekend, so we won't get much sleep Sunday morning.

Phonedave

Original Poster
We only bought tickets for the party. We're running the 5k that morning, but not the half. I'm nervous about the whole "sleeping in" thing, though. We have to change resorts the morning after the party because DVC had so little availability that weekend, so we won't get much sleep Sunday morning.

We may do the party, just to pack even more F&W time into the weekend. We are flying out that Sunday at noon. So DME is a 9:00 AM pick-up. Not THAT bad a time.

-dave

Sweet Melissa

That was the impetus for us booking the party too. With wedding events on the 4th, 5th and 6th, we aren't getting as much Food & Wine time during normal park hours as we're used to.

Phonedave

Original Poster
Haven't booked the party yet

So far we have the following booked

Victoria & Alberts
Wine & Cheese seminar
Italian Food & Wine Pairing
Italian Regional Food & Wine Luncheon

Have to see how the rest plays out.

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom