Food and Wine Recipe

Lhriangel

Original Poster
Okay this may sound a little crazy but I'm looking for the food and wine festival recipe from 2001's Spain booth for Gazpacho. I am having a problem finding a recipe for this soup online that sounds like the one in FL. I'm about ready to give up and try one from the Food Network but I thought I would post here first. Any help would be aprieciated! :)

(All this trouble just cause I have a craving for gazpacho... go figure)

RU42

http://www.wdisneyw.co.uk/recfw.html

try that - is that the one you are looking for? This one is from 2002. Not sure if it is different.

-RU

Here it is for those who don't want to go to the site:

Almond and Bread Gazpacho
Andalucia Spain

1 cup focaccia bread crumb
1 cup tomato, peeled and diced
1 cup red onion, diced
½ cup cilantro, chopped
1/8 cup almond powder
2 cups tomato juice
1/8 cup aged red wine vinegar
1 cup olive oil

Method of Preparation:

Combine all ingredients and season to taste with salt, pepper, and tabasco.

Lhriangel

Original Poster
I already made mine last week (actually I took two recipes and twicked them and came put with one but it came out excellent (or so the people who ate it said) so if anyone is interested in a good recipe that makes a rather large batch let me know and I'll post it.

But this link is also great. I love cooking so there are some things on here I definately have to try, and if I do I'll let everyone know how they came out.

Parker

Try this one, I believe it's correct.

GAZPACHO

Yields 4 servings

3 cups diced fresh tomatoes

2/3 cups diced red peppers

1 1/4 cups diced yellow onion

3 TBSP shallots

1 cup cucumbers, peeled and diced

1/2 cup diced celery

4 TBSP red wine vinegar

4 TBSP 100% olive oil

2/3 cup tomato juice

3 TBSP chopped dill, fresh

To Taste cayenne pepper

To Taste kosher salt

To Taste black pepper

Method: Combine all ingredients. Adjust seasoning. Separate the soup into two batches, and take one and puree it until smooth in a blender. Once smooth, add the remaining soup into the puree mix, and chill well.

Lhriangel

Original Poster
Hmm that's similar to mine but there are quite a few things in there I didn't put in mine and I added Avocado (just before serving) lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom