Food and Wine Festival's 'Eat to the Beat Concert Series' added as a FastPass+ attraction at Epcot

tribbleorlfl

Interesting. Any news if this is a reseved section, advance entry before the normal queue or a total waste of a FP?

I originally was planning on doing the Dining Package to get guaranteed seating for the 11/6 8:00 Sister Hazel show, but decided to make a normal ADR when I found out I couldn't use my TIW card to get a discount. Be nice to know I can approximate the same package between my ADR and a FP.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
wow saw fuel last year during F&W...they are cool..enjoy
Thank you! Yes I know a lot of their popular songs and it is one of DH's fave bands, and our dates never coincided with them in past years. I want to hopefully see Tiffany (was a huge fan back in the 80's!) , and Sugar Ray, and several others while there as well even if I just listen standing in the background outside of the theater. We will be there 10/13-10/26 so lots of opportunites to catch a few artists. :)

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
We moved up our trip last year just for my wife to see Christopher Cross. In the 80's tickets were out of her financial reach and I won't really deny almost any request she makes. He looked better than he has in years.

Now this is also interesting from a FastPass+ tier 1 perspective. Since these eat to the beat sessions are late afternoon / evening and tier 1 that means fewer bodies in the test track and soarin fp+ queues and more in standby. Can't say that Disney isn't trying to crowd shape a bit better these days.

SpaceMountain77

We booked the dining package. Does anyone know if there is an advantage of having the package over a FastPass+? Does the FastPass+ make the dining package a waste of money?

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
They have not stated how it was going to work. In the past it was dining package people to the left hand of the stage in the fron rows, corporate sponsors to the right in the front rows and then the standby Níðhöggr dragon's tail that can reach as far back as Germany filling in the remaining seats.

This will get quite interesting to see if there is any standby queue as a result of FastPass adoption... maybe a trial balloon for the more popular Candlelight Processionals when they get the likes of Whoopie, Neil Patrick Harris, and Sigourney Weaver . Those are the shows I really enjoy the best and book dining packages as soon as the roster is announced.

rct247

We booked the dining package. Does anyone know if there is an advantage of having the package over a FastPass+? Does the FastPass+ make the dining package a waste of money?
Dining package will still have better seats in the front center. FastPass will be to one side and standby in back and other side. FastPass won't necessarily get you the best seat but will get you a spot to see the show without having to wait in line.

TBrooker11

I have never been to the concerts (First year as a passholder) I plan on going to see Sugar Ray this week. I would prefer to see all three shows, do you think I will be able to get a seat? Is the Fast Pass needed for sure? What time do people start lining up for the first show?

MicksMom

I have never been to the concerts (First year as a passholder) I plan on going to see Sugar Ray this week. I would prefer to see all three shows, do you think I will be able to get a seat? Is the Fast Pass needed for sure? What time do people start lining up for the first show?
They were handing out Standby wristbands at 1:00 for the first show; 3:00 for the second show; 5:00 for the last show. Standby wristbanded people sat in the front left section of the theater.

If you have a Disney Chase Visa card, you can stop by the Chase Lounge and pick up a wristband for any of the three shows. Chase wristbanded people sat behind the Standby wristbanded guests.

RSoxNo1

Mark McGrath once said, "you can find me playing wherever funnel cakes are sold". The funnel cake stand is across the pathway from the American Gardens theater.

Suzanne Larmark

Mark McGrath once said, "you can find me playing wherever funnel cakes are sold". The funnel cake stand is across the pathway from the American Gardens theater.
Haha! That's great. I'll be going to see Hanson next week, where did the dinner package guests seat? Or the fastpass guests seat?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom