Food And Wine Festival 2020

Spookie2018

Original Poster
Is there anyone with any knowledge as to whether this is likely to happen this year? I've been to the festival for 20 years straight, I can't imagine a trip without it.

Herdman

We've switched our trip from May to the last week of October so I certainly hope so. I think the festival will go on, but to say the parks will be open with no restrictions, no special procedures in place, that might be a stretch.

Clamman73

The thing is this year would be the 25th year of F&W and would probably be a pretty hyped up thing if life was normal...at some point they have to make a decision since the merchandise needs to be made.

Rosanne

The question is - even if the parks open, how safe will you feel in crowds? I'm thinking the virus will still be out there lurking in corners and spreading in crowds. I cant even imagine getting on a plane or cruise ship for a long time.

zengoth

The difficult thing about kiosk food is trying to figure out how to keep distance between folks in line and not block the already crowded pathways. During normal festivals, this is always a challenge (at least on weekends when i have to go). Not sure if you can have any festival without food kiosks.

Kristoff

I would feel pretty confident that it will happen but I think you will see the following changes:
  • Booths may be moved or spread out to different locations. Given the number of guests per booth, some would easily stretch to the next if you implemented the 6-foot restriction
  • Removal of popup"dining" areas near F&W booths. Given the closeness of people in those areas today, I can't imagine they would let that happen so I anticipate them just removing them.
Other than those two changes, I would imagine they could run things business as normal as crowds get dispersed quickly but people still have access to the booths.

zengoth

I would feel pretty confident that it will happen but I think you will see the following changes:
  • Booths may be moved or spread out to different locations. Given the number of guests per booth, some would easily stretch to the next if you implemented the 6-foot restriction
  • Removal of popup"dining" areas near F&W booths. Given the closeness of people in those areas today, I can't imagine they would let that happen so I anticipate them just removing them.
a scenario of spread out booths makes sense, but where will people be able to socially distancing while eating?

Kristoff

a scenario of spread out booths makes sense, but where will people be able to socially distancing while eating?

I would guess people would either need to eat while walking or find non designated eating areas (such as railings, benches, sidewalks a little further away) and eat there. Not the ideal solution but it spreads people out more than encouraging congregating in a single area.

zengoth

I would guess people would either need to eat while walking or find non designated eating areas (such as railings, benches, sidewalks a little further away) and eat there. Not the ideal solution but it spreads people out more than encouraging congregating in a single area.
I work very hard at every festival to secure the last remaining trashcan to eat on due to crowds. Now you’re saying those will be at a premium as well?

Kristoff

I work very hard at every festival to secure the last remaining trashcan to eat on due to crowds. Now you’re saying those will be at a premium as well?

Authentic Disney trash can, slightly used, premium comfort and space. For rent just like a Cabana at Typhoon Lagoon for the low price of $60 dollars the day of, $55 if you book early.

HauntedMansionFLA

Other than those two changes, I would imagine they could run things business as normal as crowds get dispersed quickly but people still have access to the booths.
Heck, they could pave over where Innoventions West and Fountain of nations used to be located to spread out the food and drinking offerings

Herdman

I think people will be so conscious of social distancing for a long time that most will do it automatically without even being told to do so.

HauntedMansionFLA

I think people will be so conscious of social distancing for a long time that most will do it automatically without even being told to do so.
I think the social distancing will cease once a guest steps one foot inside the park. “ I paid $$$ to come here and it’s about me me me”. Well, maybe not all the guest but a fair amount of them.

Herdman

I think the social distancing will cease once a guest steps one foot inside the park. “ I paid $$$ to come here and it’s about me me me”. Well, maybe not all the guest but a fair amount of them.
I think it will be somewhat unavoidable when just walking around the park, but not as much when standing in line at attractons or around the food options. Some aspects of our life will never be the same. The handshake may very well have gone by the wayside. How long will it take if you're sitting in a restaurant and someone coughs or sneezes before they don't get an evil stare? It's just really hard to say.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom