Food and Wine 2016 + Gift Card + Tips

Missymoe4

Original Poster
Hello,

I thought I heard somewhere (it may have been a podcast) about a gift card deal for Food and Wine Festival. If I purchased a certain amount while at WDW, I would get an extra amount put on the gift card.

I have found that with a $200 gift card there is a lanyard and metal.

I have never been to the festival, so if any experts have any tips, I am open to them all!

Thank you for your time,
M

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
No there has never been any deal that I can ever remember you get any extra money added to a gift card only the special lanyard and metal/pin.;)

Missymoe4

Original Poster
No there has never been any deal that I can ever remember you get any extra money added to a gift card only the special lanyard and metal/pin.;)

Thank you. I re-listened to the podcast and misheard (or was it wishful thinking?!?) that they have a 8 and 16 plate special.

Thank you for taking time to reply. I appreciate it.

GlassHalfFull

unfortunately unless you really pay close attention to the pricing of the items you are buying(7$ish items only).. the 8 or 16 tab thing seems to be more about convenience of not pulling money/cc out all the time.. the average price of items that are eligible to be used are much less than the price per tab..

Missymoe4

Original Poster
unfortunately unless you really pay close attention to the pricing of the items you are buying(7$ish items only).. the 8 or 16 tab thing seems to be more about convenience of not pulling money/cc out all the time.. the average price of items that are eligible to be used are much less than the price per tab..
Aha, good to know.

dreamfinder

They have 3 things at F&W. The $200 gift card for lanyard/medallion, and a "free" pin with purchase with the 8/16 item tab cards. As pointed out, the tabs don't really seem to be worth it. You end up overpaying per tab to basically pay for the "free" pin unless you only buy the most expensive items. If you would work on the $32 glass of champagne, then it's a no brainer. But I'm pretty sure that is on the exclusion list.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom