Flynn Rider to start meeting guests

IowaHawks7

Original Poster
I didn't find this rumor anywhere on the boards so I'll just post here. One of my good friends is an entertainment manager at MK and they said that beginning May 11th they are going to start testing a Flynn Rider meet and greet near the Rapunzel restrooms. Take this as you will but I trust him with this info.

Bolt

I didn't find this rumor anywhere on the boards so I'll just post here. One of my good friends is an entertainment manager at MK and they said that beginning May 11th they are going to start testing a Flynn Rider meet and greet near the Rapunzel restrooms. Take this as you will but I trust him with this info.
Makes sense - he was testing at Epcot a few months ago.

Kman101

Nice move! Finally ... I know he meets with Rapunzel during special events, but he still remains popular. The fact is, WDW wouldn't have nearly the crowds for some of these 'rare' characters if they weren't ... you know, rare. Like Jiminy Cricket. He had a very healthy line. Why not keep him? I don't get how the meet and greet system works. I guess if you don't sell merch you don't get to be a meet and greet.

The Tangled Tower area is very well done. Should have been a restaurant and a meet and greet WITH restrooms. Not just restrooms but this seems to be a decent move to have him out. I'll give them a little kudos for that.

Kman101

To be honest, I'm surprised Flynn hasn't gone the way of others (special events or never out)... so the move to add him regularly is really surprising.

EDIT: Does Naveen still meet with Tiana in the afternoons? He's another I'm pleasantly surprised they haven't completely retired into oblivion and special parties and events.

Flippin'Flounder

To be honest, I'm surprised Flynn hasn't gone the way of others (special events or never out)... so the move to add him regularly is really surprising.

EDIT: Does Naveen still meet with Tiana in the afternoons? He's another I'm pleasantly surprised they haven't completely retired into oblivion and special parties and events.
I believe he does (He did in February)

mm52200

That's great news to hear!!! Also this is kind of related but any rumblings of Tarzan coming back full time? I know they did the test back in the winter but Disneyauditions.com recently had several days of Tarzan characer look alike auditions posted. They've already happened now but it would make you believe that he was coming back fulltime.

Kevin_W

Perhaps becasue there are so many fewer male face characters, we have tended to have very good interactions with them (every Naveen, Gaston, and Captain Jack has been superb). It's been a long time since we've seen Eugene (my daughter calls him by his real name), so it owuld be great to see him come back.

Matt_Black

That's great news to hear!!! Also this is kind of related but any rumblings of Tarzan coming back full time? I know they did the test back in the winter but Disneyauditions.com recently had several days of Tarzan characer look alike auditions posted. They've already happened now but it would make you believe that he was coming back fulltime.

Someone mentioned elsewhere that Disney didn't renew the license with the Burroughs estate. Don't know if that's true or not. I've certainly not seen any corroboration, yet, but I wouldn't discount it out of hand either.

Anyway, yeah, Flynn's a no-brainer. A lot of fun to meet, though I've only met him with Rapunzel. In fact, while many princess are often overshadowed by the princes at meets (Aladdin, Naveen), Flynn might be the rare inversion, as Rapunzel is just SO outgoing.

doctornick

Someone mentioned elsewhere that Disney didn't renew the license with the Burroughs estate. Don't know if that's true or not. I've certainly not seen any corroboration, yet, but I wouldn't discount it out of hand either.

I'm skeptical about this. The parks still run "Tarzan's Treehouse" as an attraction at DLR and why would that be okay and a M&G not be? Also, aren't the Tarzan books now public domain (recognizing there is a difference between trademarks and copyrights)? I would think that Disney should be able to develop material based on strickly on their 1999 film, but who knows.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom