Flying out of Albany Airport, need info and advice

DarthVader

Sith Lord
Original Poster
I'm not sure if anyone here has flown out of Albany but we're taking a 3 hour drive to fly out of Albany. The decision was a no brainer, given the high cost of flights in Massachusetts during April vacation. I'm literally saving 50% if not more. At one time, I saw flights broaching 7,000 dollars for a family of four. Without upgrades (priority seating/luggage/etc) the flights from Albany were closer to 1,500.

Anyways because we're driving to the airport we need to deal with long term parking. What's it like? Is there any risk of the airport's long term parking filling up? Would I be better off going to another provider? Any suggestions and help would be welcome

Nemo14

Have you looked into https://www.parksleepfly.com/ ? We did this once flying out of Hartford because we were going to a wedding there the day before, so we just left the car at the hotel for the week. For us it was much cheaper than the long term parking lot there, but I don't know about the Albany airport.

DarthVader

Sith Lord
Original Poster
Its funny you mentioned this, we thought about something like that (I didn't know there was a site to search). We seemingly moved away from that soltuion were due to the fact that we were pulling the kids out of school for two days,and didn't really want to do that on a third day, but maybe leave later.

I'll search the link and see if there's a cost effective solution

Nemo14

Its funny you mentioned this, we thought about something like that (I didn't know there was a site to search). We seemingly moved away from that soltuion were due to the fact that we were pulling the kids out of school for two days,and didn't really want to do that on a third day, but maybe leave later.

I'll search the link and see if there's a cost effective solution
I know for us, we paid a flat room rate, and could leave the car for 2 or 3 weeks if I recall correctly. If it's only a 3 hour drive for you (Mass pike?), I would justplan to leave after the kids got home from school.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom