Flying into Sanford? Alegiant Air?

bsmartin2000

Original Poster
I have always flown into Orlando then used Magical Express but I have been hearing rumors that Alegiant Air is much cheaper flying into Sanford then getting a limo to Orlando. Any idea as to what it would cost to be picked up at Sanford and transported to Disney?o_O

nolatron

Alegiant... <shudder> Flew them a few years ago to Sanford to save a few bucks. Flight there and coming back home was delayed by 2-3 hours for no apparent reason. It's completely al-a-cart. No in flight drinks, pretzals, etc... unless you buy them. It's a cheap airline for a reason. Just FYI if you've never flown them. Don't expect much other than to get cattled from point A to point B.

We rented a car though for our trip.

Not sure what method you wanna take but Happy Limo is like $195 for a sedan. Checks Mears' website for their rates:

http://www.mearstransportation.com/

Figgy1

Premium Member
I have always flown into Orlando then used Magical Express but I have been hearing rumors that Alegiant Air is much cheaper flying into Sanford then getting a limo to Orlando. Any idea as to what it would cost to be picked up at Sanford and transported to Disney?o_O
Rember Peoples Express I hear that was luxurious in comparrison!

WDWNooby

When it's all said and done, Allegiant is not the cheaper way to go. By the time you pay all of your bag fees, seat fees (if you want to sit together, I suggest you pre-purchase your seat assignment on this airline) AND the extra $250.00 (or more) for RT transportation from Sanford to WDW, it's actually more expensive. Our "cheap" airfare came to $700 when it was all said and done with the extra fees. Not to mention the poor customer service and delays (we also had those happen to us). Adding the $250 for extra transportation, we wound up paying almost $1,000 just in transportation for two of us.

After this most recent experience (December 2012), I will fly into MCO from now on.

Check out Allegiant's Facebook page before you decide.

bsmartin2000

Original Poster
Yikes guess i will stick with flying into Orlando!! Last year we drove 5 hours to get to an airport in Portland Maine so that I would not have to fly in a small airplane and then they switched planes on me! It also saved about 300 on flights.This time I plan on only driving to Bangor, 120 miles from home, and paying extra just for the convenience of not having to travel so far with Grandkids, age 5 and 1!

coachwnh

we used Allegiant into sanford for a last minute Bday trip for the kids a few years ago. we had no issues at all. and we flew over presidents day weekend. in fact, they offered to take our carry ons and put them under the plane at no additional charge. we left from a small airport in PA however, so it wasnt a major airport and the counter workers were very nice. we used happy limo for a ride to the contemporary. again, no issues. i think we pd about 180 with the tip for the ride from sanford to the resort. we did use ME back from mco to allentown though. that did save us some cash coming home. i really dont have anyting bad to say about their service.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom