Pre-Trip Flowers, Food & Fun- A May Pre-trip report!

Well, since I am 75 days out now, I figure it is time to start my pre-trip report!

Who? Just DisneyB and myself- formely known as DisneyShe- until a certain someone came along and made me a DisneyGigi. ;)

I am having very serious stress at being away from my grandson since I have him so much. Not just that this time but also, this kid LOVED Walt Disney World! I don’t know how I am supposed to explain to him that we are going without him. 😳

Look at that sweet face!

In all reality though, we made last trip all about him so there were a lot of things we did not get to do.

Another thing that honestly makes me nauseous to type...
After a short trip in September for our Anniversary- we are taking a short break for awhile to let Star Wars Mania die down a little. Reading that makes me honestly feel butterflies in my stomach. I really got spoiled by going more than once a year.

I am, however, very blessed to have been able to go 3 times over the past 9 months. That was something I have never done before. We went twice one year but usually it was a once a year trip, lasting 10-12 days. (Still very blessed to have been able to do that as well) I am one of those people that just doesn’t take anything for granted, especially a Disney trip. We are not guaranteed a thing and I always think when we leave, what if this is it. Gloomy thought, I know but you just can’t take a single day or thing for granted in my mind.

Onto the when’s and where’s -

May 5-11th F & G Festival! (I love it so much)

I love F & W Festival too but to me, there are less drunk people at Flower & Garden. Don’t get me wrong, I have several drinks at Walt Disney World... it is a vacation, after all- but I don’t get sloppy drunk like so many people we saw at night at the last 2 Food & Wine. Had a little happy Buzz before and may or may not have been a good bit tipsy at Club Villain but never to the point of cursing and being obnoxious like we saw. No point in it, at all. If you can’t handle your liquor, at least eat with it- don’t overdo it in front of so many kids. -end of rant 😑

Coming home the 11th so I am here for Mother’s Day. My son would be ticked if I wasn’t, plus I want to be home for my Momma too.

Coronado Springs Resort (my fave resort and will always be my home resort) This will be our 6th stay there.

And for those that have read my reports- I hate the drive down. I think I started hating it more when we got a smaller vehicle. It is so blessed uncomfortable, it isn’t funny. They can call a Mercedes (SUV) luxury all they want... but I call bull! The seats are horrid and no room to lay back. I was used to a Suburban that we had with the kids and I honestly have hated the Mercedes from day one. Very happy to report we have another Suburban that will be making the journey this time!

This trip will be very close to both of our birthdays too- 46 for me and 48 for B! Getting awfully close to the big 5 0!!! At least he will beat me there. ;)

ADRs made for this trip-
BoG dinner (I want to try the new menu and eat with beast- I am a 3 year old)

Also have a CS booked here too because I love the pork. (Almost canceled dinner and I still may, but I doubt it. I love the Beast.)

Mama Melrose Fantasmic!
I have bad feelings about this going away so definitely have to do it again, just in case and it is and always will be my fave night show. I loved Wishes don’t get me wrong, but Fantasmic! is my thing!

Snow White Dining at Artist Point-
Very excited to try this, I love characters (again 3 year old) plus the food looks really good for a character meal.

Crystal Palace breakfast

‘Ohana (always, always eat here)

Cape May Cafe (Crab legs!)

We love snacking at the booths, so leaving one day open. We do the dining plan because it saves us money since we do eat and snack quite a bit when there- especially now that they added alcohol to both TS & CS.

We may take the last day and do a tour again or possibly the After Hours since we missed it last time having Stinker with us. (Assuming they have it) Up in the air about doing MK or DHS. I feel like DHS is going to be a nightmare for awhile so that makes me lean towards riding Slinky, Toy Story Mania, ToT, RnRC as many times as I can. The beauty of an empty MK is a hard thing to pass up though.

Also, hopefully this trip I will finally get to see Happily Ever After up close. Something always happens and I have only seen it from the Poly once.
My priorities will be Illuminations (with it leaving) and Fantasmic though.

So, with that- about 2 weeks til FP day and will be tweaking some things as we go along....

But... here we go!!!

Last edited:

KellBelle

I love your beautiful new kitten!!! I read your post a while back about canceling and meant to comment a long time ago...

I also smoke and I agree with you 500%! If they feel they must ban it in the parks and honestly, without much notice, they should have all of their ducks in a row as to handle questions such as yours, as I am certain you were not the only person to reach out to them regarding their new policy and an upcoming trip. I have a trip planned for December. While I will probably not end up canceling, as we are traveling with friends, I am not going to lie and say that it did cross my mind to choose another destination. I personally don't agree with their decision, but I realize that I am in the minority. I applaud you for sticking to your guns on this one regarding the poor handling of your question. Your decision to make the donation was so generous, that was very nice of you! I never did post on the smoking thread, but I hate that it was shut down, I really enjoyed reading everyone's thoughts lol :) Enjoy that beautiful kitty!!!

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
So, I didn’t get one kitty, I got two!
76BC4823-4573-4370-8A51-E5D6677644EA.jpeg
FB1D0F7B-CC0B-4C0A-832E-88E661832984.jpeg
8BB8BAEA-D73C-4C23-AEAB-F82E59829300.jpeg
454E2F26-3F7D-4D34-AFC9-9F073026E772.jpeg
038C17C2-4BAF-4B4A-B827-C844244B8A48.jpeg

And I am horrid at changing names, the tabby is Roxie. (Chicago) the Gray one, Stinker named Zuma. (Paw Patrol)

Also, I caved, going to use APs before beach for 3 days. Not doing the whole dining or staying as long as we normally do- but also, not willing to cut my own nose off to spite my face. I want to go, and this will be our shortest trip ever. Still not renewing passes. I still think it is BS that they change things, but so not give the paying long time guest any idea, even now, how they will implement, said changes- but with that said, I am going for 3 days. I guess they kinda won. May 6-9 😳
😑

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
A kitty has to have a friend, right? I thought the tabby was cute when you posted pictures but I’m 💕 for Zuma (Stinker did a good job on the name)
She zooms around like a bolt of lightning so it was a great fit. They are sisters so they are very happy to be together and Nala has decided she is okay with them.
76bc4823-4573-4370-8a51-e5d6677644ea-jpeg.367311
cute cats and they look like potential mischief makers:)
They are definitely mischievous! So fun to watch.

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
And I caved a bit more and added a day. Lol - I am excited and they knew I would cave too, I am sure- but I did get a deck and all that and longer stay at the beach so whatever!
Very curious as to what the smoking areas will be and what you have to go back thru if you do smoke. I envision chaos- not on my part but like 90% of foreign Disney guests smoke. If anyone is there please post an update tomorrow as to where the areas and if you have to wait in line go thru bagcheck etc. The lady that called me had said they would update but I have not seen a thing yet. I most likely will only have one after eating but I don’t wanna waste too much time since it is our last hoorah for awhile. The gum makes me horridly sick. Too much nicotine! At least we drive to and from the parks and don’t use buses.
Anywho, See ya in a few days Mickey Mouse!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom