Pre-Trip Flowers, Food & Fun- A May Pre-trip report!

Well, since I am 75 days out now, I figure it is time to start my pre-trip report!

Who? Just DisneyB and myself- formely known as DisneyShe- until a certain someone came along and made me a DisneyGigi. ;)

I am having very serious stress at being away from my grandson since I have him so much. Not just that this time but also, this kid LOVED Walt Disney World! I don’t know how I am supposed to explain to him that we are going without him. 😳

Look at that sweet face!

In all reality though, we made last trip all about him so there were a lot of things we did not get to do.

Another thing that honestly makes me nauseous to type...
After a short trip in September for our Anniversary- we are taking a short break for awhile to let Star Wars Mania die down a little. Reading that makes me honestly feel butterflies in my stomach. I really got spoiled by going more than once a year.

I am, however, very blessed to have been able to go 3 times over the past 9 months. That was something I have never done before. We went twice one year but usually it was a once a year trip, lasting 10-12 days. (Still very blessed to have been able to do that as well) I am one of those people that just doesn’t take anything for granted, especially a Disney trip. We are not guaranteed a thing and I always think when we leave, what if this is it. Gloomy thought, I know but you just can’t take a single day or thing for granted in my mind.

Onto the when’s and where’s -

May 5-11th F & G Festival! (I love it so much)

I love F & W Festival too but to me, there are less drunk people at Flower & Garden. Don’t get me wrong, I have several drinks at Walt Disney World... it is a vacation, after all- but I don’t get sloppy drunk like so many people we saw at night at the last 2 Food & Wine. Had a little happy Buzz before and may or may not have been a good bit tipsy at Club Villain but never to the point of cursing and being obnoxious like we saw. No point in it, at all. If you can’t handle your liquor, at least eat with it- don’t overdo it in front of so many kids. -end of rant 😑

Coming home the 11th so I am here for Mother’s Day. My son would be ticked if I wasn’t, plus I want to be home for my Momma too.

Coronado Springs Resort (my fave resort and will always be my home resort) This will be our 6th stay there.

And for those that have read my reports- I hate the drive down. I think I started hating it more when we got a smaller vehicle. It is so blessed uncomfortable, it isn’t funny. They can call a Mercedes (SUV) luxury all they want... but I call bull! The seats are horrid and no room to lay back. I was used to a Suburban that we had with the kids and I honestly have hated the Mercedes from day one. Very happy to report we have another Suburban that will be making the journey this time!

This trip will be very close to both of our birthdays too- 46 for me and 48 for B! Getting awfully close to the big 5 0!!! At least he will beat me there. ;)

ADRs made for this trip-
BoG dinner (I want to try the new menu and eat with beast- I am a 3 year old)

Also have a CS booked here too because I love the pork. (Almost canceled dinner and I still may, but I doubt it. I love the Beast.)

Mama Melrose Fantasmic!
I have bad feelings about this going away so definitely have to do it again, just in case and it is and always will be my fave night show. I loved Wishes don’t get me wrong, but Fantasmic! is my thing!

Snow White Dining at Artist Point-
Very excited to try this, I love characters (again 3 year old) plus the food looks really good for a character meal.

Crystal Palace breakfast

‘Ohana (always, always eat here)

Cape May Cafe (Crab legs!)

We love snacking at the booths, so leaving one day open. We do the dining plan because it saves us money since we do eat and snack quite a bit when there- especially now that they added alcohol to both TS & CS.

We may take the last day and do a tour again or possibly the After Hours since we missed it last time having Stinker with us. (Assuming they have it) Up in the air about doing MK or DHS. I feel like DHS is going to be a nightmare for awhile so that makes me lean towards riding Slinky, Toy Story Mania, ToT, RnRC as many times as I can. The beauty of an empty MK is a hard thing to pass up though.

Also, hopefully this trip I will finally get to see Happily Ever After up close. Something always happens and I have only seen it from the Poly once.
My priorities will be Illuminations (with it leaving) and Fantasmic though.

So, with that- about 2 weeks til FP day and will be tweaking some things as we go along....

But... here we go!!!

Last edited:

ELeigh

So, I was able to make Fastpasses today even though it is 62 days! Printed them out and screen shotted just to be safe! Got 2 FoP and 2 Slinky! -and everything else we wanted. :)
Glad you got your fastpasses! I was somehow able to make mine even earlier I am not sure how it happened but 68 days out it showed availability and let me book for the whole trip

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Glad you got your fastpasses! I was somehow able to make mine even earlier I am not sure how it happened but 68 days out it showed availability and let me book for the whole trip
I had not even looked until today. Must be a glitch or something. It would not let me on the app-but it did from the website and then they automatically showed up in the app. As many times as they have dispappered on me. I have plenty of backup proof! Lol

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Well, it was probably a really good thing that I got FP early, (it was actually 3 days early) I am 61 days today- I never count the day we get there because we leave the night before. Anyway- working like crazy on my Pirate Cake project. I decided in my head the size I want and I baked a variety of cake sizes to cut and assemble. I made two half sheet cakes, one I left whole the other I cut in half and crumb coated, plus a 12 inch round, and a smaller round. All from scratch and my kitchen is clean! I only have today and Friday without Scooter so no pressure at all right? @NessNewt I so hope you are sending me lots of pixie dust!

And would it be a Disneyshe/DisneyGigi pre-trip or trip report without animal posts?

I hope I don’t drive y’all crazy with my animals but..... exciting news to share!!!

I lost my sweet kitty of 18 years last year, will be a year in June. My niece, the same one that I actually got him from all those years ago, as well as my current kitty Nala- just had a litter of Ragdoll mix (Well, obviously she didn’t.. but you get the gist)
We are getting a girl! They were just born and I only have a photo of one but how insanely cute is this???
I think whichever one we get, we will name Sarabi- to go with Nala. I wanted a boy to name Simba but the Hubby insisted it be a girl. We will get her when we get back from the trip! So excited to welcome a new fur baby into my world. ❤️

Laura Loves Tigger

Such a cutie! I had to laugh about your husband insisting on a female. My adult special needs daughter has been wanting a rag doll cat for a long time. We have a beautiful long haired grey cat that we got from a shelter, and she wants Holly to have a friend. Long story short, we found a reputable breeder, and the kittens were ready around the end of January. When we told Sarah about the kitten, she was all excited until she found out it was male. We now won't be getting a new kitten until the end of summer because that's when the breeder will have another litter, and the first girl is promised to us.

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Such a cutie! I had to laugh about your husband insisting on a female. My adult special needs daughter has been wanting a rag doll cat for a long time. We have a beautiful long haired grey cat that we got from a shelter, and she wants Holly to have a friend. Long story short, we found a reputable breeder, and the kittens were ready around the end of January. When we told Sarah about the kitten, she was all excited until she found out it was male. We now won't be getting a new kitten until the end of summer because that's when the breeder will have another litter, and the first girl is promised to us.
Rag dolls are so pretty! The mom of this one is registered full bred, but the dad is a Maine mix. That is why he insisted on a girl. Our male that died last year at one point weighed 28 lbs when he was younger. He was huge! Nala is really small maybe 9 lbs so he is just afraid a bigger cat would bully her. I think females do have a sweeter personality. Every male cat I have ever had was a bit bossy lol.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Hardest thing I have ever tried! Hanging up my themed cake making after this one. 😑 Buttercream transfers easy- this not so much.
He will love I think, but I see a kazillion flaws. View attachment 355390

Are you crazy - a kazillion flaws?? This cake looks amazing!

Like I tell my daughter when she does her end of the year horseback riding show: the audience doesn’t know it’s a mistake so make it look like it was planned that way and they’ll just assume that’s how it was meant to be 😀

NessNewt

Hardest thing I have ever tried! Hanging up my themed cake making after this one. 😑 Buttercream transfers easy- this not so much.
He will love I think, but I see a kazillion flaws. View attachment 355390

I am so late to this, but I promise I was sending pixie dust! It looks absolutely fantastic! (And yes, the work that goes into these cakes..... So much time! Whew...)

He is going to love it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom