Pre-Trip Flowers, Food & Fun- A May Pre-trip report!

Well, since I am 75 days out now, I figure it is time to start my pre-trip report!

Who? Just DisneyB and myself- formely known as DisneyShe- until a certain someone came along and made me a DisneyGigi. ;)

I am having very serious stress at being away from my grandson since I have him so much. Not just that this time but also, this kid LOVED Walt Disney World! I don’t know how I am supposed to explain to him that we are going without him. 😳

Look at that sweet face!

In all reality though, we made last trip all about him so there were a lot of things we did not get to do.

Another thing that honestly makes me nauseous to type...
After a short trip in September for our Anniversary- we are taking a short break for awhile to let Star Wars Mania die down a little. Reading that makes me honestly feel butterflies in my stomach. I really got spoiled by going more than once a year.

I am, however, very blessed to have been able to go 3 times over the past 9 months. That was something I have never done before. We went twice one year but usually it was a once a year trip, lasting 10-12 days. (Still very blessed to have been able to do that as well) I am one of those people that just doesn’t take anything for granted, especially a Disney trip. We are not guaranteed a thing and I always think when we leave, what if this is it. Gloomy thought, I know but you just can’t take a single day or thing for granted in my mind.

Onto the when’s and where’s -

May 5-11th F & G Festival! (I love it so much)

I love F & W Festival too but to me, there are less drunk people at Flower & Garden. Don’t get me wrong, I have several drinks at Walt Disney World... it is a vacation, after all- but I don’t get sloppy drunk like so many people we saw at night at the last 2 Food & Wine. Had a little happy Buzz before and may or may not have been a good bit tipsy at Club Villain but never to the point of cursing and being obnoxious like we saw. No point in it, at all. If you can’t handle your liquor, at least eat with it- don’t overdo it in front of so many kids. -end of rant 😑

Coming home the 11th so I am here for Mother’s Day. My son would be ticked if I wasn’t, plus I want to be home for my Momma too.

Coronado Springs Resort (my fave resort and will always be my home resort) This will be our 6th stay there.

And for those that have read my reports- I hate the drive down. I think I started hating it more when we got a smaller vehicle. It is so blessed uncomfortable, it isn’t funny. They can call a Mercedes (SUV) luxury all they want... but I call bull! The seats are horrid and no room to lay back. I was used to a Suburban that we had with the kids and I honestly have hated the Mercedes from day one. Very happy to report we have another Suburban that will be making the journey this time!

This trip will be very close to both of our birthdays too- 46 for me and 48 for B! Getting awfully close to the big 5 0!!! At least he will beat me there. ;)

ADRs made for this trip-
BoG dinner (I want to try the new menu and eat with beast- I am a 3 year old)

Also have a CS booked here too because I love the pork. (Almost canceled dinner and I still may, but I doubt it. I love the Beast.)

Mama Melrose Fantasmic!
I have bad feelings about this going away so definitely have to do it again, just in case and it is and always will be my fave night show. I loved Wishes don’t get me wrong, but Fantasmic! is my thing!

Snow White Dining at Artist Point-
Very excited to try this, I love characters (again 3 year old) plus the food looks really good for a character meal.

Crystal Palace breakfast

‘Ohana (always, always eat here)

Cape May Cafe (Crab legs!)

We love snacking at the booths, so leaving one day open. We do the dining plan because it saves us money since we do eat and snack quite a bit when there- especially now that they added alcohol to both TS & CS.

We may take the last day and do a tour again or possibly the After Hours since we missed it last time having Stinker with us. (Assuming they have it) Up in the air about doing MK or DHS. I feel like DHS is going to be a nightmare for awhile so that makes me lean towards riding Slinky, Toy Story Mania, ToT, RnRC as many times as I can. The beauty of an empty MK is a hard thing to pass up though.

Also, hopefully this trip I will finally get to see Happily Ever After up close. Something always happens and I have only seen it from the Poly once.
My priorities will be Illuminations (with it leaving) and Fantasmic though.

So, with that- about 2 weeks til FP day and will be tweaking some things as we go along....

But... here we go!!!

Last edited:

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
I'm looking forward to your report! Looks like you have some good reservations and snacking at Flower and Garden is always tasty!
I love F & G! I swear the food is just as good, if not better than F & W- or maybe it isn’t as hot and less people over indulging in alcohol.
I love Disney in May especially F&G. We will be there around the same time and I can’t wait :)
We have only been once before in 2016 but I LOVED it! Warm but not insanely hot, and hardly no rain. 😍

LeighM

So close to meeting! I'll be at CSR until May 3rd when we switch to AKL for one night and fly home May 4th. I love the Flower and Garden Festival!!!! I'm so happy to see that some of my favorites from last year are back - with all new kiosks I must try.

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
It’s always nice to see as some TRs are winding down others start up to take their place so I always have good morning coffee reads 😀

I always read when the baby takes a nap! :)
Flower and Garden is gorgeous. I would like to make it back someday. Looking forward to living vicariously!
Love F & G! Only been once but it was beautiful! Enjoy your trip, can't wait to read all about it!

I LOVE it! It is my most favorite time to go now. I had never been until 2016 & I fell in love with it. I am crazy about spring-summer and my flowers. I plant truckloads every year lol. Plus I don’t have to dread summer ending like our September trips- it is just beginning.

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
So close to meeting! I'll be at CSR until May 3rd when we switch to AKL for one night and fly home May 4th. I love the Flower and Garden Festival!!!! I'm so happy to see that some of my favorites from last year are back - with all new kiosks I must try.
This posted right as I was posting- Miss ya by just a day! The menus look so good and I see quite a few I liked last time. The Rose Slushie is sooo good and the Burnt End Brisket. This year it is a slider it looks like though and not the Hash. I loved that hash- so good. I am making a list of must get- just so I don’t forget lol.

LeighM

This posted right as I was posting- Miss ya by just a day! The menus look so good and I see quite a few I liked last time. The Rose Slushie is sooo good and the Burnt End Brisket. This year it is a slider it looks like though and not the Hash. I loved that hash- so good. I am making a list of must get- just so I don’t forget lol.

I have a list going too LOL. My husband thinks I'm a nut. But we're only doing 3 park days this year and no park hopper. I'm trying to figure out how to pack all that food into one day :joyfull: This is our 3rd time going to F&G and I think this is the most excited I've been about the outdoor kitchens - I love everything honey and citrus so this is like my candy store :) I'm going to concentrate on World Showcase - go to Norway bakery since my troll horn is back on the menu and ride Frozen Ever After. Then focus on the Festival food until we get to Morocco, where I must try the chicken schwarma at Tangierine Cafe. And then do the rides in Future World during the nighttime EMH.

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
I have a list going too LOL. My husband thinks I'm a nut. But we're only doing 3 park days this year and no park hopper. I'm trying to figure out how to pack all that food into one day :joyfull: This is our 3rd time going to F&G and I think this is the most excited I've been about the outdoor kitchens - I love everything honey and citrus so this is like my candy store :) I'm going to concentrate on World Showcase - go to Norway bakery since my troll horn is back on the menu and ride Frozen Ever After. Then focus on the Festival food until we get to Morocco, where I must try the chicken schwarma at Tangierine Cafe. And then do the rides in Future World during the nighttime EMH.
The Honey Marscapone cheesecake is at the top of my list! That just sounds and looks divine. My husband just shakes his head and laughs at me every time he sees me scribbling in my little trip notes journal. Pretty sure he thinks I am nuts, but he goes along with it with me. :)

LeighM

The Honey Marscapone cheesecake is at the top of my list! That just sounds and looks divine. My husband just shakes his head and laughs at me every time he sees me scribbling in my little trip notes journal. Pretty sure he thinks I am nuts, but he goes along with it with me. :)

I had that cheesecake twice last year! Loved it so much that I asked Disney for the recipe and they emailed it to me. Someone asked for it in my last trip report and I included it towards the end of last year's report if you want to try it at home. My husband is the one who makes the desserts in our house and I'm STILL waiting for him to make it for me!!

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
I had that cheesecake twice last year! Loved it so much that I asked Disney for the recipe and they emailed it to me. Someone asked for it in my last trip report and I included it towards the end of last year's report if you want to try it at home. My husband is the one who makes the desserts in our house and I'm STILL waiting for him to make it for me!!
I will definitely be looking at the report for that recipe! Everybody in my family requests my strawberry swirl cheesecake for birthdays lol so I will have to try it- thank you! :)

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
View attachment 351285
I don't even normally care for cheesecake and this was still one of the best desserts I have even eaten. The flatbread was also really good from what I remember :)
I got you and @LeighM confused, thought she post both- the picture looks amazing. I am not a sweets person. My fave is strawberry pillows, basically a strawberry shortcake with a puff pastry pillow., I adore honey though. This will probably be the only desert I have.

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Stinker’s birthday is coming up, and Gigi is the food and cake person. His fave ride? Pirates! He is having a pirates party and Gigi is making a Pirate Ship cake- pixie dust requested! Lol- will keep ya’ll updated. :-/

Also, a bird update- my precious turkey, is still here, her sons are mean! And big- she coos at me and they attack... did get a few pics before they tried to Flog me.

I won’t cry if they go amiss during hunting season, these fellas are mean! As long as Momma is left alone.

NessNewt

Stinker’s birthday is coming up, and Gigi is the food and cake person. His fave ride? Pirates! He is having a pirates party and Gigi is making a Pirate Ship cake- pixie dust requested! Lol- will keep ya’ll updated. :-/

Also, a bird update- my precious turkey, is still here, her sons are mean! And big- she coos at me and they attack... did get a few pics before they tried to Flog me.
View attachment 351669View attachment 351670View attachment 351671View attachment 351672
I won’t cry if they go amiss during hunting season, these fellas are mean! As long as Momma is left alone.

My oldest's birthday cake from her pirate fairy phase! Black candles make perfect cannons.

Can't wait to see yours!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom