Flower and Garden updates. HGTV stars to appear

llrain

Original Poster
HGTV will provide star power for this year's Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival, which begins March 2 at Walt Disney World. Designers and landscaping experts including Genevive Gorder, Vern Yip, Ahmed Hassan and John Gidding will make appearances during the 75-day festival.

HGTV hosts will make presentations in the Festival Center on topics such as mobile gardens and gardening with kids. They will appear every Friday, Saturday and Sunday of the festival on the HGTV Stage.

"HGTV's design and gardening personalities add an exciting and entertaining new element to a festival that reinvents itself year and year," said Dan Cockerell, vice president of Epcot.

It's the first time that HGTV has sponsored the popular annual event. Also as part of the deal, the cable channel will present Bambi's Butterfly House along the Future World Imagination Walkway.

The celebrity lineup and their subjects are:

March 4-6: Genevieve Gorder ("HGTV Design Star" and "Dear Genevieve") on The Art of Sculpting Space

March 11-13: Lisa LaPorta ("Designed to Sell"), Design It Yourself: Easy-to-Follow Tips for Designing Your Favorite Room.

March 18-20: Kim Myles ("Myles of Style"), The 5 DIY Secrets That Can Transform Any Space.

March 25-27: Brian Patrick Flynn ("Design Happens"), Mobile Gardens

April 1-3: Taniya Naya ("Designed to Sell" and "Destination Design"), Adding Value to Your Home Without Breaking the Bank.

April 8-10: Ahmed Hassan ("Yard Crashers"), Life, Love and Landscaping.

April 15-17: Patti Moreno ("Garden Girl"), Garding with Kids: Fun Seed Starting Projects.

April 22-24: Michele Beschen ("B. Original"), When Nature Calls: Creative, Back-to-Basics Style for All Things Natural and Decorative.

April 29-May 1: John Gidding ("Curb Appeal: The Block"), The Design Process: Curb Appeal Projects from Concept to Construction.

May 6-8: Frank Fontana ("Design on a Dime"), Beautiful on a Budget: High Style, Low-Cost Secrets to Bringing Indoor Styling Outside.

May 13-15: Vern Yip ("HGTV Design Star"), Top Design Trends Made Affordable and Accessible.

Each HGTV personality will appear at noon and 3 p.m.

Other flower and garden experts will be at the Festival Center at noon and 3 p.m. on Mondays-Thursdays. The center will be open every day of the festival this year.

The activities are included in regular theme-park admission and are on a first-come basis

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Oooh, thanks for the news!!

I loved seeing Ahmed Hassan last year. The number of interior designers is a bit odd, considering the outdoorsy nature of the F&G Festival, but I've noticed over the years that HGTV has done away with a lot of its landscaping shows to focus on "selling your home" shows, much to my dismay.

llrain

Original Poster
I'm missing Vern Yip by a week ...:(
Been a fan of his since his Trading Spaces Days way back when

sweetpee_1993

Oh man! I would just DIE to meet Genevieve! I love her!!!! Yeah, been a fan of Vern since the big Trading Spaces days. Additionally, wouldn't it totally rock to meet Paige Davis? Oh man, I'd squeel like a school girl! LOL!

llrain

Original Poster
are they going to use the Same Festival Center as last year, What was it, Horizons?
I wonder also if tickets will be needed for this, most likely in advance if they are needed right?

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
are they going to use the Same Festival Center as last year, What was it, Horizons?
I wonder also if tickets will be needed for this, most likely in advance if they are needed right?

The former Wonders of Life is the festival center.

At last year's F&G fest, no tickets were necessary for the presentations. I can't remember if every weekend featured an HGTV star, but the weekend I was there, Ahmed Hassan was appearing (as mentioned above), and as long as you were there early enough to get a seat, you got in. In fact, there was nothing preventing people from hanging around just outside the area to watch the presentation if they wanted to. I got there about 30 minutes early, and the area didn't really fill up until about 10 minutes prior.

I think that the F&G fest is not as big a draw as the Food & Wine festival, where they've had to get crazy with the tickets!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom