Flower and garden expands to 90 days in 2016

BoarderPhreak

FWIW, this is my third FGF trip. As much as I love the holidays, this has proven to be a popular time for me. Not that I'm really going because of it - just the timing of the dates.

ATLLena

I wanted to ask if anyone knows how early Epcot starts setting up for Flower and Garden Festival. Do they start a few days before the official "opening" date, or they start arranging displays/topiaries few weeks in advance? We will be there end of February and I was wondering if I will get to see any topiaries, etc. Thanks.

Last edited:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I wanted to ask if anyone knows how early Epcot starts setting up for Flower and Garden Festival. Do they start a few days before the official "opening" date, or they start arranging displays/topiaries few weeks in advance? We will be there end of February and I was wondering if I will get to see any topiaries, etc. Thanks.
Here is the news article archive from previous years, you can get an idea of when things begin to appear
http://www.wdwmagic.com/events/epcot-international-flower-and-garden-festival/news.htm

Some of the topiary do get put in place a few weeks before, but it isn't completed until the opening day, and in some cases beyond.

ToTBellHop

Digging these guys out of the back of the closet aren't they? :joyfull:
Yeah, the F&W acts are a bit more relevant. At least they aren't still trying to have '60s acts exclusively anymore. I don't think there are enough alive to fill 90 days. Well, 13 weekends.

thehowiet

Wilson King of Prussia
The Spinners over Memorial Day weekend...Nice! The wife and I will definitely be checking out at least one of their sets that weekend. Other than The Guess Who, The Spinners are probably the act I'm most interested in seeing. Although the addition of BS&T is pretty cool. They should be in the Guinness Book of World Records for the most lineup changes.

Glad to see whoever takes care of the bookings is adding/changing acts. Speaking of the bookings, I think someone mentioned the bands not getting paid. I find that hard to believe, especially when you take into account that they are booked for 2-3 nights. I know Disney is a different animal, but festival type events typically pay headliners pretty well.

I guess what I'm saying is that I just don't want to live in a world where Boyz II Men can break off a slice of Motownphilly and not get paid.

ToTBellHop

The Spinners over Memorial Day weekend...Nice! The wife and I will definitely be checking out at least one of their sets that weekend. Other than The Guess Who, The Spinners are probably the act I'm most interested in seeing. Although the addition of BS&T is pretty cool. They should be in the Guinness Book of World Records for the most lineup changes.

Glad to see whoever takes care of the bookings is adding/changing acts. Speaking of the bookings, I think someone mentioned the bands not getting paid. I find that hard to believe, especially when you take into account that they are booked for 2-3 nights. I know Disney is a different animal, but festival type events typically pay headliners pretty well.

I guess what I'm saying is that I just don't want to live in a world where Boyz II Men can break off a slice of Motownphilly and not get paid.
They are paid.

BoarderPhreak

I can't help but notice the irony of most of these performers... They were popular back when EPCOT Center was still cool and aging just as well. :p

Mukta

Any idea when the menus might come out? I will be there for the first 2 days of the festival and I can't wait to eat all of the delicious things.

llrain

why is f&g not getting any love from Disney, at least in the information to guests area.
It was recently released, the concert line up, we have no idea of the food kiosks appearing this year nor
have we seen any of the seminars being advertised. and we are not literally, what, 3 weeks away from the start?
I know its not super popular of a festival but it is still an event and should be well advertised in advance.
F&W, we will know every last detail by May probably this year.
Give it some love Disney and get the word out early.

aprincessatlasst

How much money did they earmark for Epcot? Have they started to use that fund with Soaren and Norways or is it separate? Obviously the park needs a major work but was wondering if they were waiting until at least 1 of the 2 parks they are overhauling are done until they were going to do major work on the park. At least that was what I was hoping at least. I do think the festivals help the park have more of an appeal. The Flower show is our favorite of the two!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
why is f&g not getting any love from Disney, at least in the information to guests area.
It was recently released, the concert line up, we have no idea of the food kiosks appearing this year nor
have we seen any of the seminars being advertised. and we are not literally, what, 3 weeks away from the start?
I know its not super popular of a festival but it is still an event and should be well advertised in advance.
F&W, we will know every last detail by May probably this year.
Give it some love Disney and get the word out early.
The full line-up of the food kiosks is at http://www.wdwmagic.com/events/epco...-international-flower-and-garden-festival.htm

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom